Brown Sugar instead?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearsey99

Reaction score
Evening,
Just about to bottle my first batch of hone brew and am panicked that i dont have sugar to add to the bottles.

The guy in the B shop said to try using the Muntons Beer Ehnancer in half the batch instead of sugar/dextrose which i will try, but i've suddenly realized that i only have brown sugar - will a small teaspoon of this do?

Cheers

Should be fine in a darker beer. Wouldn't recommend in a lighter pale, you may get some flavour from it.

I'm using it for a Coopers Wheat Beer Beer Kit - i don't mind if theres a taste to it as long as my first batch is drinkable :-)

Cheers

Dont worry, it will do the job. Did a coopers stout recently and used brown sugar in 10 of the bottles, and white in the rest, but no massive difference. I take it you added the enhancer at the start of the brew along with the wort ?:thumb:

Phew..looks i may got away with it then...the enhancer was added at the start as per the destructions :-)..
I;ve just bottled it tonight and have a patient 2 weeks ahead before i reckon i can sample it...

:drink:

normal brown sugar would be fine, the muscadovas and dark canes sugar with lots of taste, as said only for darker beers

Back