Fermentum Cloves and Banana liquid yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCat

Landlord.
Reaction score
East and West Grimblestbottom under the rye
I made a 1 litre starter and pitched onto a standard wheat beer grain bill. 50% wheat and Pilsner malt with a little Melanoidin. Set my temp control to 20c and fermentation started fas. There was a decent sized krausen and a nice smell coming out of the FV. Smelt of sulphur but in a nice way. I top cropped some yeast and it had flocced out by about day 7 or 8. Was left in the FV for 2 weeks and then bottled. A week later was ready to drink and fully carbed up. Not getting too much in the way of cloves but its there in the background. More of a banana flavour but not overpowering. Very refreshing. Next time i will up the temp to 24c as have heard its a good way to bring out the fruity esters. I am rather impressed with this yeast. Made a really nice pint. Possible one of my best Wheat Beers so far. Its similar to 3068 and you really need to be a bit careful opening the pack as it fizzed out quite a lot but luckily i sterilised the pack first so no problem. That was straight out of the fridge as well. Also the info is in Polish, they really need to put them in English but the translation is on the geterbrewed website http://www.geterbrewed.com/cloves-and-bananas-liquid-yeast/
From my experience with this i would definitely try their other yeasts. 3 weeks for a tasty beer is very good in my opinion.
Many thanks to @Get_er_brew for letting me try this out. Its been a pleasure. Cheers

Mine had the info on the label in English. The website is also very good - I'm a complete novice when it comes to liquid yeast and I found it useful.

My review of Kansas Ears will be coming in the next couple of weeks, I'll be bottling my American Wheat over the weekend.

Back