U.K v US

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I went to A&E I was there for 5 hours, immediately before starting my night shift. It was full of folk who seemed to be there because it was cold outside and/or there was nowt on telly. Dozens of docs/nurses walking up and down seemingly bored and with absolutely no apparent sense of urgency whatsoever. Finally got to see the doc ( I was there hoping to get a prescription for amoxycillin to treat a raging tooth abscess til I could get to a dentist) but I was in and out in two minutes after waiting 5 hours, sans prescription and the sage advice to see a dentist...

You should try walking in with a fractured maxilla (upper jaw) and teeth still in their sockets but knocked back into the middle of your mouth. I was sat around for hours and even when I was seen and sent for x-rays, I had to wait hours more for them to call in an emergency dental/maxiofacial guy who promptly grabbed the teeth and pulled them back to where they should be without any aesthetic - at which point, I (much to his alarm) pulled both arms off the chair I was sat on.
Oh, and I was stone cold sober at the time....

Last time I had an emergency, I took myself to the eye hospital and yes, there were plenty of folks sat around with obviously very minor problems. Fortunately, they had triage in place and I was seen almost immediately, diagnosed and although they couldn't treat me right away due to an emergency, I was scheduled for urgent surgery latter that night.

You should try walking in with a fractured maxilla (upper jaw) and teeth still in their sockets but knocked back into the middle of your mouth.

Someone smashed you in the mouth? How unsurprising!

Safe spaces and triggering? You're barking up the wrong tree there, buster.

Last time I had an emergency, I took myself to the eye hospital and yes, there were plenty of folks sat around with obviously very minor problems. Fortunately, they had triage in place and I was seen almost immediately, diagnosed and although they couldn't treat me right away due to an emergency, I was scheduled for urgent surgery latter that night.

How did it go: "Can you see me straight away"? "Yes we can see you now, but can you see us"? But ye - it's supposed to be accident and emergency but when I went, tears in my eyes and chomping on my arm to distract the pain, folk were sat about chatting and laughing,reading mags,messing about on farcebook etc, staff stood chatting in the corridors with arms crossed.It's a joke. Stressed-out staff? I'd give em five minutes at our works. However, I ain't knocking the whole NHS; they pulled out ALL the stops and saved my life for sure when my pancreas exploded, for which my family and myself will be forever grateful beyond expression.

Because of her history, Cancer, and age, 62, my wife can't even get life insurance now let alone medical insurance.

Because of her history, Cancer, and age, 62, my wife can't even get life insurance now let alone medical insurance.

So sorry to here this mate. I'd like to think most on here will sympathise with you on this one. I think my mum had the same issue.
Here when you need a chat.
Hope she likes a brew now and then.

So sorry to here this mate. I'd like to think most on here will sympathise with you on this one. I think my mum had the same issue.
Here when you need a chat.
Hope she likes a brew now and then.

The cancer was treated successfully by a fantastic NHS and she has been clear for 5 years. But our join life insurance matured shortly after and when we went to take out more insurance she was turned down, history and age. One thing we can all guarantee is we will all get older and private insurance will not want to know unless you pay a high premium.

My daughter lived in America for a few years and even though they had good health cover they still had to pay for each visit to the doctor. Her first child was born there and they had to pay for the room, food and basically everything apart the cost of the doctor and nursing staff. She has had two more kids in the UK and say's give her the NHS anytime.

Be careful what you wish for.

You should try walking in with a fractured maxilla (upper jaw) and teeth still in their sockets but knocked back into the middle of your mouth. I was sat around for hours and even when I was seen and sent for x-rays, I had to wait hours more for them to call in an emergency dental/maxiofacial guy who promptly grabbed the teeth and pulled them back to where they should be without any aesthetic - at which point, I (much to his alarm) pulled both arms off the chair I was sat on.
Oh, and I was stone cold sober at the time....

I thought you were going to say your eye was hanging out and he just shoved it back in without an anasthetic, just like the dentist!
you have not had much luck have you!

Hips dislocated twice, knee bent the wrong way, split shouder, various broken bones and lacerations, impailed on a branch and I've temporarily paralyzed myself twice.
A reasonable collection of bumps and bruises....

Hips dislocated twice, knee bent the wrong way, split shouder, various broken bones and lacerations, impailed on a branch and I've temporarily paralyzed myself twice.

Didnt you learn the first time? I think your on for a Darwin award :lol:

Dont know what your moaning about, What do you expect if your a Stuntman :whistle:

Didnt you learn the first time? I think your on for a Darwin award :lol:

Nope. I can be kinda dumb on occasion. Most of the injuries are from 25 years of practicing and teaching martial arts and that was how I paralysed myself the first time - I got turned upside down and had my head was bounced off the mat. The next two weeks were spent in a proper state.
The second time I did it, I was SCUBA diving in Bali from a local boat with a low roof/sunshade so I couldn't stand up to tighten my BCD. When I rolled into the water, the valve on my tank whacked me in the back of the neck and it just exploded with pain. By the time we got back, my right arm was stuck in the "I've had a stroke" position and there it remained for five days.
As for Darwin awards, I've had plenty of close calls with crocodiles and snakes (cobras, vipers and the Aussie kinds) due to getting complacent about the environment and camped in some seriously stupid spots that have put me in harms way with very bad tempered Indian elephants.
But we digress.....

Ken Ls skeleton on X ray

d6b8efd7e905919198db9065a7c82101.gif

So, the other thing we do up here is kitesurf, our first love. Still sadly obsessed. 5 Years ago 10m surprise boost off the beach. RAF helicopter and morphine. Fractured Tib and 2 weeks in Glae Western Gen with the druggies and drunks. Got back wi a m8 who drove me to Oban for the ferry. Back with leg pot working next week. That's self employed, caring fook orf get workin, No sympathy from Pol,,, JFDI m8 get back and get the bar done.I'm very careful now, silly billy, but not stupid....
RAF rescue and SNHS nurses are the real fookin hero's though and I have seen it first hand. Humbled but alive,, :thumb:

How the heck are you still alive?:wha:

Latest posts

Back