Lake District

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Off to the lakes tomorrow for a week.

Anyone got any good fell walks and beer haunts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are walking/camping the Kirkstone pass Inn was a good spot, been a very long time since I was there though, online reviews still seem to rate it high. Plenty of space to put a tent up and they where walker friendly.

If you are walking/camping the Kirkstone pass Inn was a good spot, been a very long time since I was there though, online reviews still seem to rate it high. Plenty of space to put a tent up and they where walker friendly.

Nice one - we've got a cottage in Ambleside but much walking is planned [emoji106]

Nice one - we've got a cottage in Ambleside but much walking is planned [emoji106]

Heh, long walk up and a quick roll back down.

There's some good walks out of Great Langdale (you can do Crinkle Crags from there which is a lovely if fairly taxing route), and a couple of decent pubs when you reach the end - the Old Dungeon Ghyll and Sticklebarn usually have a few cracking pints on.

All I can recall of my last visit to the lakes is Jennings Snecklifter and doing 155 on a kwak 900 ninja with the missus on the back, an experience which still plagues her with debilitating flashbacks hehe.

Back