Spam.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has reported the spammers, we are discussing putting some sort of filter in place to stop these idiots but this may take a few days so in the meantime could you carry on reporting when you spot it. :thumb:

Here is the proof it is working, how many versions of this name was he going to use to spam the place (we banned the first 3) :lol:

dddddddddd.jpg

They were wasting their time (and ours) did anyone know what they were selling :-?

메이저놀이터추천《ac2323、COM』안전� �배� 사설놀이터

Our US sister site, Home Brew Talk, is often under attack from korean spammers (I think is because it's such a huge target). I 've seen it when virtually every forum is filled with pages and pages of spam. I woulnt fancy trying to remove that lot

As I registered a long time ago I can't remember if a captcha or something similar is in place. If not they usually help.

Our US sister site, Home Brew Talk, is often under attack from korean spammers (I think is because it's such a huge target). I 've seen it when virtually every forum is filled with pages and pages of spam. I woulnt fancy trying to remove that lot

THE BASTARDS BACK DOING IT NOW:doh:

Yep 'Newest Threads' has a load of characters rather than thread titles at the moment on my laptop
SUGGEST YOU DO NOT CLICK ON THEM JUST IN CASE! :nono:
cHEERS

The problem with username vetting is we can only stop them posting if it looks iffy so obviously some will slip through (as in the latest one) the good news is the forum owner will be installing a couple of plugins later meaning if we allow a spammer through the plugins will stop them spamming several threads and links.

Back