how long

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a few kits many years ago but didn't really like them. I visited Prague 2 years ago and found a pub called U Fleku that brewed the most amazing Dark Lager. Little did I know where the journey would take me:

I joined the forum and tried a few Bock kits, this was the only style that was similar to what I wanted but it wasn't even close. The forum was such a great help, I tried Clibit's all grain guide. Just shortly after, a fellow local brewer, Niman offered a Peco Boiler for free. Luckily I was the first to respond so that got me started. Another fellow brewer, Mansemasher, was also heading to England around the same time and he got me a bottle of cheap CO2. Since then I've sourced a brew fridge, mini kegs, Corny Kegs etc and I'm still adding. I'd say I'm experienced but still learning.

I started just over a year and a half ago with a Muntons kit and starter equipment I was given 6 months previously and didn't use because I lived in Spain and beer was cheap. Then I moved back to the UK and the kit was coming to the end of its use by date, so I gave it a try. Beer was awful, but I was hooked so joined this forum. 18 months and 40 odd brews later here I am, having gone from kits to BIAB to the Bulldog Brewer, with the odd cider, wine and mead in between.

I fannied about with beer kits for a couple of years with varied success.

I saw Clibits all grain guide 18 months ago and my curiosity made me give it a try.

Christ on a bike! It was real beer.

Been AG ever since, with 17 brews under my belt. Each one as good as, if not better, than the last.

It must be the bestest, most rewarding hobby there is.

Got a home brew kit for xmas from my children 4years ago, i kept it in my shed for 2 month as i did not have any intention to brew it.
How wrong i was, it has been one of my best prezzies i have received.

1 year ago they gave me a Guinness clone ingredients for my birthday, after i brewed that, I have never looked at another kit.
4 years on the site and the guys have been helpful.

Back