The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive caught the moonshiners boxsets on tv, ive always avoided watching it but strangely my wife loves it. looking forward to the next seasons on Ray Donovan and Gold Rush

Gold Rush is great.

Todd.......
picard.gif

I watched a couple of episodes of Moonshiners.
Was I missing something or couldn't the cops watch the show and then catch the blokes?

Might have to find The Detectorists as I have a metal detector.

Watched the first episode on Thursday night after seeing it mentioned here.
Watched four episodes last night.
Looking forward to at least another three tonight.

Similar here. Watched 3 the first night then 2 episodes the following night. I can't be doing with waiting a whole week before the next anticipated episode is available!

I have been watching Blindspot and the new series of fargo

I'd forgotten about Fargo! Loved the first two series - need to watch the third.

Lead Balloon is one of my favourite UK comedies. Brilliantly written and acted it just strikes a chord with me. The characters are great and are given time to develop. Fantastic series.

I'd forgotten about Fargo! Loved the first two series - need to watch the third.

Lead Balloon is one of my favourite UK comedies. Brilliantly written and acted it just strikes a chord with me. The characters are great and are given time to develop. Fantastic series.

If you've not done breaking bad Ghostship, I highly recommend. It's sort of like homebrewing but instead of beers it's crystal meth - plus the guy is a total bada$$. He transforms from this tames science teacher into a total beast....

Also, making a murderer - a good one to watch with the mrs for some heated debate on 'who done it'....

If you've not done breaking bad Ghostship, I highly recommend. It's sort of like homebrewing but instead of beers it's crystal meth - plus the guy is a total bada$$. He transforms from this tames science teacher into a total beast....

Also, making a murderer - a good one to watch with the mrs for some heated debate on 'who done it'....

I've done BB. Undoubtedly one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV.

Only realised last night that Detectorists is currently being repeated on BBC2 - Monday nights, 10.00pm.

The first two episodes of series one will be on iPlayer, episode three is on next Monday (30th May). I assume they will then follow on with series two.

Just in case anyone's missed it, or doesn't have Amazon Prime or Netflix etc.

One series I got hooked on was "Missing". Series one and three
Were gripping, with lots of red herrings and going off at tangents,
Series two not so good, but all three series standalone.

One series I got hooked on was "Missing". Series one and three
Were gripping, with lots of red herrings and going off at tangents,
Series two not so good, but all three series standalone.

I watched a series called "The Missing" though only two series of that. Was pretty good though, James Nesbitt in the first one. Not sure if it's the same as what you've watched?

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=282401&lid=7

Reminder for anyone interested, Detectorists is on BBC2 tonight at 10.00. Episode 3 of series 1. Nice way to round off the bank holiday weekend (with a beer, of course).

New series of Fargo starts tonight on Channel 4 at 10.00.

Thought the first two series were brilliant.

Got to say, I'm really enjoying season 3 of Fargo. Another great slice of middle America.

Ewan McGregor is good, but David Thewlis is absolutely stealing it.

Love it.

Black Sails on Amazon. Hands down one of the best series I've seen in years

Back