NHS cyber-attack hits GPs and hospitals in England

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wifes a sister nurse (band 6), says she spends more and more timedoing forms paper work sign offs dealing with staff issues social services ect ect and less doing actual patient care..

She works 30 mins away from where we live and finishes tonight for example at 8pm.... I bet she wont be in until 10pm probably 10:25 .

When I get her she was a band 5.. used to be I I think 4 trained staff per 8 patients.. now its 1. If one gets out of bed and starts kicking of wandering around how can you look after ther other 5 or 7?

The NHS is very much is a vast money pit that needs sorting out as I said. And the solution is not to keep chucking money at it again as I said. It desperately needs sorting out or matters will continue to deteriorate.
The fundamental problem is that it is so big (budget I quoted, significantly more than a million staff) that an overhaul is daunting. So the easy solution is to leave it alone, or just tickle the edges.
And the other problem is that it is a sacred cow. Anyone who is perceived as anti-NHS is vilified. So politicians pander to the popular conception that all you have to do to make it better is increase the budget, or put forward populist ideas like making car parking free which does little to address the core problems.
And to directly comment on your reply.
I occasionally visit NHS places. I see lots of hard working and dedicated staff, state of the art equipment in many places, but I also see people in non jobs, and inefficiencies, which needs addressing. I have in the past used private medical facilities and I see they can do the same job with less staff, that's a fact as far as I am concerned, so why can't the NHS be the same?
And yes perhaps some NHS staff are in stressful positions, but then so are other people in non NHS jobs, and then not everyone in the NHS is stressed out, a visit to your GP surgery or local hospital will quickly confirm that.
And for you to believe that I would suggest that we should lose the NHS and 'go private' that's got nothing to do with my comments, so you have clearly failed to understand what I am saying.

Has i have said on this forum many times on threads like this , The biggest drain and money eater in the NHS is extremely incompetent administration, i have witnessed this first hand. It needs sorting out from the top down. Streamlining and the money redirecting to the right places for maximum effect. Treating half of Europe free also comes to mind ???

It has been reported that up to 90% of NHS hospitals are still using the Windows XP programme, with experts suggesting that the 2001 operating system has made the NHS vulnerable to cyber-attacks.

How many of us switched from XP many months ago when Microsofts support ended, how can the NHS who i assume have departments dedicated to IT still be using XP on 90% of its computers :mad:

How many of us switched from XP many months ago when Microsofts support ended, how can the NHS who i assume have departments dedicated to IT still be using XP on 90% of its computers :mad:

I'm sure they've got "extended support" from Microsoft so they still get security updates etc. How much they pay for this is anybody's guess!

I'm sure they've got "extended support" from Microsoft so they still get security updates etc. How much they pay for this is anybody's guess!

They haven't, Microsoft made a big deal about it a while ago. However Microsoft have today issues a security patch to xp for everyone despite it being end of life. Must be hitting some American customers as well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When our Pharma company closed 2 years ago we still had some in house operating systems for equipment that were Windows NT and 95. They were not networked but it was known that if there was a fault the system could not be fixed and not only the software would have to be replaced but also the equipment.
Sometimes the kit was £30,000 upwards to replace hence the reluctance to update to new compter systems that were incompatible with old machines.

Brexit voters have blamed the attack on immigrants

Remain voters are that appalled they have arranged a march in protest , however are adamant that the virus should have rights to settle here.

Diane Abbot estimates the cost of the damage to be about fifty seven quid.

Jeremey Hunt says everything is proceeding well.

Better?

GPs would say that you can't give any treatment for a virus, definitely not antibiotics.
Just tell the hospital staff to go home ,lie down, plenty liquids and it will be OK in a day or two

The NHS is very much is a vast money pit that needs sorting out as I said. And the solution is not to keep chucking money at it again as I said. It desperately needs sorting out or matters will continue to deteriorate.
The fundamental problem is that it is so big (budget I quoted, significantly more than a million staff) that an overhaul is daunting. So the easy solution is to leave it alone, or just tickle the edges.
And the other problem is that it is a sacred cow. Anyone who is perceived as anti-NHS is vilified. So politicians pander to the popular conception that all you have to do to make it better is increase the budget, or put forward populist ideas like making car parking free which does little to address the core problems.
And to directly comment on your reply.
I occasionally visit NHS places. I see lots of hard working and dedicated staff, state of the art equipment in many places, but I also see people in non jobs, and inefficiencies, which needs addressing. I have in the past used private medical facilities and I see they can do the same job with less staff, that's a fact as far as I am concerned, so why can't the NHS be the same?
And yes perhaps some NHS staff are in stressful positions, but then so are other people in non NHS jobs, and then not everyone in the NHS is stressed out, a visit to your GP surgery or local hospital will quickly confirm that.
And for you to believe that I would suggest that we should lose the NHS and 'go private' that's got nothing to do with my comments, so you have clearly failed to understand what I am saying.

Sorry, got bored after the first paragraph and jumped to the more entertaining messages later in the thread.

XP 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did, It's called the IDS ( Ian Duncan Smith) virus and it's deadly to claimants especially the disabled.!

yes i agree but i also believe it was Osbourne and Camoron who sat down and wrote out the set of questions that he Implemented, they are career politicians who just look out for there selves, i dont think they care which side there on, labour , conservative, monster raving loony party as long as there making money for them selves, just look at the wage rises they have had compared to every one else, even the civil servants that work in these departments had wage freeze for 2 years, Then last year got 1% non consolidated, the nottingham tax office sold off 70% of there parking to private enterprise.then made there worker share what was left on a rota basis and charged there workers to park at work. These are greedy politicians worse than capitalist i am all right jack bastards. Milking the population at any angle to fill there own wallet under the guise of caring for the country. Parasites .

yes i agree but i also believe it was Osbourne and Camoron who sat down and wrote out the set of questions that he Implemented, they are career politicians who just look out for there selves, i dont think they care which side there on, labour , conservative, monster raving loony party as long as there making money for them selves, just look at the wage rises they have had compared to every one else, even the civil servants that work in these departments had wage freeze for 2 years, Then last year got 1% non consolidated, the nottingham tax office sold off 70% of there parking to private enterprise.then made there worker share what was left on a rota basis and charged there workers to park at work. These are greedy politicians worse than capitalist i am all right jack bastards. Milking the population at any angle to fill there own wallet under the guise of caring for the country. Parasites .

Im glad I dont drive. Drivers just seem like a massive cash cow for various organisions. Parking fees, toll charges, congestion charges, etc, etc

Sorry, got bored after the first paragraph and jumped to the more entertaining messages later in the thread.

XP 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I persevered with it and the rest of it was pretty good!

Im glad I dont drive. Drivers just seem like a massive cash cow for various organisions. Parking fees, toll charges, congestion charges, etc, etc

Think of the problems if these Idiots start hacking into Plane computers, it could prove catastrophic !!!

Think of the problems if these Idiots start hacking into Plane computers, it could prove catastrophic !!!

I think it's just a matter of time. Of course is could well have happened already but I think aviation authorities would want to keep that quiet as you could imagine the panic (and lost profits) that would cause if it was anounced that plane computers had been hacked

Latest posts

Back