What's the best Prosecco recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you rack and bottle at a gravity of 1.0 then use a bit less sugar for priming, you will not get a sweet wine as it will eventually ferment it down to .990 in the bottle, if you want it sweet you are better of using artificial sweetener.

Never use Glycerine now even though did at first with recipe. - I've not noticed the difference to be honest.

Sorry should have added - I don't know if the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry for being stupid.. does this sound like a plan?

make as per ingredients
rack into a dj at desired sweetness (1.000)
degas
transfer immediately into bottles onto sugar
leave for 2 weeks
decant into a clean bottle off the sediment

question..
if the point is getting it fizzy.. why would you degass after fermentation?

tried the finished product last night.. I let it carbonate for 12 days after adding sugar. the pet bottles were very firm to the touch. it had a nice amount of carbonation and tasted lovely.

I still have 3 in the garage on the lees. So unless the missus begs for more I will leave them to mature.

The frizz whilst pronounced wasn't as much as a commercial product (still very impressed though), I used 9 teaspoons in a demijohn so may adjust this upwards if the others don't get a bit more fizz.

I may experiment with Disgorgement..

Awesome. [emoji106]
I’ve read somewhere that a few little champagne yeasties in the bottle gives it good fizz.

I’ve just played around with the sugar personally to get the right fizz.

it really was good! so thanks for the recipe. I put 9 teaspoons in about 4.2 litres.. may up it to 11 next time. Not that much sediment in the bottom and easily avoidable when decanting. I will just transfer to fridge well in advance on decanting to allow it to settle again in future/

it really was good! so thanks for the recipe. I put 9 teaspoons in about 4.2 litres.. may up it to 11 next time. Not that much sediment in the bottom and easily avoidable when decanting. I will just transfer to fridge well in advance on decanting to allow it to settle again in future/

I use PET bottles and put 1 teaspoon in each.

Back