Most hops ever used?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive banged on and on about James Martin using up to 500-600 grams of hops in his brews, imo all kit beers need at least 100g of a dryhop to have a decent taste and my next BIAB I'm going to try and use at least 200g

What's the most you guys have used in a single brew?

Thanks

Something like this,I feel like a blouse adding my tiny 75g to my Burco!!

DSC_1187.jpg

DSC_1213.jpg

The most hops in a single brew is 312g in a 20L batch that I have in the FV at the moment. The interesting thing is that it isn't an American hop monster, but loosely based on 1868 Tetley EIPA with 252g of bag end hops at the start of the boil and 60g dry hops. This is currently being aged with Brett C and Oak, and will be bottled for Xmas at 8 months old, so will (hopefully) not be as bitter as expected.

The most hops per litre I've used is 245g in an 11L batch of American IPA (Citra, Cascade, Centennial and Mosaic) which works out at 22.27g/L, bloody lovely.

EDIT: Whilst I'm looking 20g of Pacific Jade in 20L of Kolsch was the least amount used.

Just bottled a NEIPA last night 560g in total
60g Citra 60g mosaic hop stand. Then 220 Citra 220 mosaic double dry hop. Trying to match the cloudwater hop monsters I've fallen in love with lately.

Reading some of the replies to this I'm clearly not trying hard enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've brewed both of those James Morton ones (Tropical IPA and Extra IPA). Worth the high hop content.

Yesterday I brewed DIY Dog's Passion Fruit IPA with 200g of hops for a 10ltr batch.

To be honest, I don't mind the cost of brewing a highly hopped beer. They're amazing when done right.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

180 gram in a 21 litre batch, 110gram of that went in at flame out, no dry hop. Wouldn't have needed any more than that.

Just bottled a NEIPA last night 560g in total

Half
A
Kilogram

:clap::hat:

I think the only thing stopping me from dropping 25 quids worth of hops into a single brew is that so many people say the flavours fade quickly in bottles and after a month or so your hop bomb isn't any more.

Back