Talk Talk + Sky sports -

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to have Sky sports but the whole packaged along with having to pay for HD got a bit silly i don't watch a lot of sport but do like football so £8:50 a month (or £28.45 for Sky Sports, for broadband and home phone) seems a decent price compared to what i used to pay.

I have added it to my package.

TalkTalk bills itself as 'cheapest place to get Sky Sports' with package revamp

Get Sky Sports, broadband and home phone for £28.45 per month.

TalkTalk is billing itself as the cheapest place for customers looking for a Sky Sports package, with the launch of a triple bundle that gets you an extensive range of Sky Sports channels, broadband and home phone for £28.45 a month.

The deal offers broadband speeds of up to 18Mbps and no usage caps, along with a free TalkTalk TV Box, eight Sky Sports channels and a fixed price guarantee with no price hikes mid-contract.

According to TalkTalk, this means subscribers will save up to £880 when compared with similar products from Sky, and save £733 and £661 when compared with Virgin Media and BT respectively.

Another option for sports fans could be the Faster Fibre package with Sky Sports, which costs £35 a month for 18 months.

This offers broadband speeds of up to 38Mbps and savings of up to £840 against similar products from Sky.

Alternatively, customers could save £615 by opting for this over a similar deal by Virgin Media, or £543.81 when compared with BT.

Subscribers will have access to Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Golf and Sky Sports F1.

The packages will also include two new channels - Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Arena.

TalkTalk has described the deal as "the best value transfer of the summer", adding that fans "won't miss a single second of what promises to be the most competitive season in years".

If sky did a dedicated football package to watch your favourite side all 38 matches at a reasonable price of say £5 a game I would sign up,but the problem is they only want to show the big teams live,I feel they are missing a trick here if they want to kill off illegal streaming of their franchise

I agree and think i have mentioned before that i was under the impression when you signed up for sky sports they showed all matches live, i wasn't interested in football when i had Sky sports so didn't know this was not the case, i think at £8:50 a month i will get value for money as they took so many sports off terrestrial TV i am quite looking forward to seeing them again.

Premier league fixtures - http://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures

Thing is they have cameras at every match for screening the highlights later in the day so why not have a dedicated package for your own favourite football club, incidently what do you get for that £8 deal?

It looks like they have moved from channel numbers to names - http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide

Subscribers will have access to Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Cricket, Sky Sports Golf and Sky Sports F1.

The packages will also include two new channels - Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Arena.

Shame you have to put up with talk talk to get he deal though. Sky have made it cheaper if you just want to watch football for example.

Shame you have to put up with talk talk to get he deal though. Sky have made it cheaper if you just want to watch football for example.

Talk talk have a reputation for awful customer service but in the 10 years i have been with them i have only used them once because of a problem and they were very helpful, they have 4 million customers and like any big business they cannot keep all of them happy all of the time unfortunately its only the unhappy ones that post on forums so everyone reading gets a biased view.

If you want to get a balanced view of all ISP's have a look at this site (click collapse at the top right of the screen to get a better thread list) -
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness.html

Talk talk have a reputation for awful customer service but in the 10 years i have been with them i have only used them once because of a problem and they were very helpful, they have 4 million customers and like any big business they cannot keep all of them happy all of the time unfortunately its only the unhappy ones that post on forums so everyone reading gets a biased view.

If you want to get a balanced view of all ISP's have a look at this site (click collapse at the top right of the screen to get a better thread list) -
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/unhappiness.html

I was more thinking their poor security. Not the only company though. Don't think I can get talk talk in my area

Checked this out this morning. Not available in my area. I guess if you live in a city you'll probably be OK, but not rural areas.

Landline package also seemed to be at extra cost as well.

do you have to be a sky subscriber to get this package? Or can you get the sports as stand alone?

Checked this out this morning. Not available in my area. I guess if you live in a city you'll probably be OK, but not rural areas.

Landline package also seemed to be at extra cost as well.

I live in a small town in south Cumbria and we have had talk talk and sky in our exchange for many years.

See if this throws up anything different - https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

Keep clicking through and you will get details like mine below.

wwwwwwwwww.jpg

do you have to be a sky subscriber to get this package? Or can you get the sports as stand alone?

I read that subscription to sky sports has dropped sharply which is probably down to BT sport so i guess getting into bed with a different ISP (and one with 4 million customers) is a smart move on their behalf, the package switches to full price which is £34 once the promotion has finished in 18 months i will of course be telling them if they don't do it for the same price i will cancel the boost. :twisted:

Edit to add -

Sky

First of all, Sky has changed its channel list this year, so there’s no Sky Sports 1,2,3,4 etc. Now there are individual channels for each sport, with two dedicated solely to football and a third showing matches too. Customers can sign up for whichever channels they want.

If you’re signing up for Sky as a new customer, it works out as a minimum of £40 a month, plus a £20 one-off joining fee, if you want to watch the Sky Sports channel which shows the Premier League.

If you’re Sunderland fan, you’d be better off signing up for Sky Sports Football, which shows the Championship along with the Spanish league, Scottish football and Euro 2020 qualifiers. That costs £40 all in plus the one off £20 fee.

If you want both football channels, it’s £44 all in plus the sign up fee.

Or you could pay £49.50 and get all of Sky’s sport channels. So that includes Main Event (which has football) golf, football and cricket, along with services showing the likes of rugby, American football and GAA.

Hi!

The rumour that I fell asleep watching cricket has been put about by people who know what they are talking about. :grin:

Chippy_Tea: Picture quality is very good - until I was asked the question I hadn't thought to check it, that's how good it is.

The thing I like about Sky Sports - they replay the entire cricket match, as if it were live, the following day.

I would like to watch baseball, but that's only carried by BT, so I have to go to the club and buy beer to watch it (assuming, of course, that some [other] old git doesn't want to watch the big match between Hamilton Academicals and East Fife).

Thanks col, i have just had a flick through the sports channels and the picture quality is very good, looking forward to the new football season.

Latest posts

Back