Talk Talk + Sky sports -

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I subscribe to "GamePass"! :thumb:

For only £130 a year I can watch ANY premier football game Live or Recorded throughout the whole season. :thumb:

The recorded versions comes as "As Broadcast", "Condensed" and "Highlights". :thumb:

BTW I forgot to mention that it's American Football. :lol:

Update.

The picture quality is very good and i am looking forward to the premier league starting again.

Turns out its an £8:50 a month boost which you can take or leave every month until your 18 month discount runs out then it goes full price, i will not be paying the full price so will see what they can come up with in 18 months.

vvvvvvvvv.jpg

I subscribe to "GamePass"! :thumb:

For only �£130 a year I can watch ANY premier football game Live or Recorded throughout the whole season. :thumb:

The recorded versions comes as "As Broadcast", "Condensed" and "Highlights". :thumb:

BTW I forgot to mention that it's American Football. :lol:

Hi!
Didn't know you were a fan of American Football - I'm looking forward to the new season with my Sky boost. Come on Steelers (or Vikings, depending on my mood).

Just to add that there are other Sky offers available e.g. Sky Cinema for £8 pm.
I am on TalkTalk and have been since it took over Tiscali who I had been with for some time.
I have my copper wire BB optimised at present using my own router rather than the junk routers that TT issue.
But the thing that's probably holding me back as far as the Sky offers is the TT TV box, cos I've read on the TT Members Forum that TT can screw things up when they install the box for you.
Anyone know different?

Hi!
Didn't know you were a fan of American Football - I'm looking forward to the new season with my Sky boost. Come on Steelers (or Vikings, depending on my mood).

The only team I have ever watched live was the Houston Texans at Houston when they beat the Seahawks back in 2009.

I've been subscribed to GamePass for years now ...

https://www.nflgamepass.com/en

... and I reckon that it's well worth the money, especially for an insomniac like me! :thumb:

Also, I reckon that when I was a youth I could have been good at that game. :thumb:

Mindless violence with rules? Yeah, bring it on! :whistle: :whistle:

Just to add that there are other Sky offers available e.g. Sky Cinema for £8 pm.
I am on TalkTalk and have been since it took over Tiscali who I had been with for some time.
I have my copper wire BB optimised at present using my own router rather than the junk routers that TT issue.
But the thing that's probably holding me back as far as the Sky offers is the TT TV box, cos I've read on the TT Members Forum that TT can screw things up when they install the box for you.
Anyone know different?

I use the TT super router on my copper wire BB and get 10 to 13mb download all the time.

I dont know what you read but the box is sent to you and you install it yourself it's just a set top box there is no reason for it to be installed for you, one thing to bear in mind is the box does not have wi-fi (modern ones may have) so you need to be able to run an ethernet cable to it, I bought a flat one off eBay which I put under the carpet.

I use the TT super router on my copper wire BB and get 10 to 13mb download all the time.

I dont know what you read but the box is sent to you and you install it yourself it's just a set top box there is no reason for it to be installed for you, one thing to bear in mind is the box does not have wi-fi (modern ones may have) so you need to be able to run an ethernet cable to it, I bought a flat one off eBay which I put under the carpet.
Thanks for that :thumb:
What I should have said was that my understanding is that TT sometimes adjust your BB line profile at the exchange when you get a TV box, to give you a more stable connection which the box needs to give good picture quality, and the impact of that is your BB speed drops. I have gone through that hoop with TT at least twice before (using the Forum and not the dreaded Help Line) and don't want to do it again. Basically I am happy with things as they are.
Anyway, on your set up is your box is hardwired incoming from your router and then outgoing to your TV?

Erm not sure what you mean but I have ethernet cable from router to the youview box then hdmi to the T.V I don't have the TV connected to the router as I also have a Humax HDR freesat box.

Erm not sure what you mean but I have ethernet cable from router to the youview box then hdmi to the T.V I don't have the TV connected to the router as I also have a Humax HDR freesat box.
OK. Thanks. Understood.
If the new TV boxes are not wifi enabled, I could re-install my wifi booster near the TV and hook up the TT TV box to that (my incoming router is not near the TV and hardwiring is not an option).
Sadly my internet speed is not as good as yours, due to where I am, its only about 7.5Mbps down, and 890kbps up .
Ball's in my court it seems. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back