the lads have given approval

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam.k

Landlord.
Reaction score
I took a few litres of my first AG around for a film night on Saturday, 2 of the lads are devout ale drinkers so it seemed a good idea to test the brew on them.
by the time I went over I had already drunk about 2 pints of it so I knew it was good.

they where well impressed, so much so they complained bitterly about the small amounts.
it was interesting afterwards drinking commercial brew, it didn't seem quite right after 4 pints of some good stuff.
anyway I have been told to up my ante and start rolling more out, fingers crossed I stop cocking it up all the time haha.

I hope they support your efforts towards grains etc.... ;)

there was mention of 'donation' towards ingredients

Yes it won't harm to brew a few duff ones as they will be like a flies around Sh*te once they know you have good beer. Better still get them to start themselves. :thumb:

sam.k said:
there was mention of 'donation' towards ingredients

Be careful with that. If they are chipping in to a joint home brewing thing fine. Paying you, even cost price (or less) for finished beer when they're not part of the process is (very) shaky ground...

I think it will likely be a case of I bring the beer they buy the pizza.

That's likely to be absolutely fine. It's just an arrangement for you to bring beer (of any sort, brewed or bought) to the party rather than for you to brew beer for which you receive payment of pizza...

I was just glad someone else liked it and it wasn't just me thinking it was good because I made it.

of course if you was someone else , then that someone might say hey lads a fiver in each for a nights worth of beer and that someone else could brew a batch of beer for just over a tenner ish and for that evening that someone else could get as many beers out as they could handle and i'm sure they couldn't possibly drink more than 10 bottles each or even 20 bottles each of that someone else's beer :roll: which would leave them happy and that someone else happy as it'll cover costs and maybe a few beers left for that someone else . ;)

Haha!
I've now got to figure out how to get a minikeg over there without shaking all tge sediment up.

sam.k said:
Haha!
I've now got to figure out how to get a minikeg over there without shaking all tge sediment up.

They should invent a keg like a bodum coffee press where you can squelch all the floaty **** down to the bottom..

1543-01san-bodum-brazil-press-detail.gif

Latest posts

Back