Preventing chest freezer burning out

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
Hi I am using a chest freezer as a fermentation chamber and use a brew belt as heat device.. am using inkbird in a termowell on fv to monitor temperature just wondering what range should I set the hot and cold to turn on

The Inkbird has a facility to delay the start of the cooling compressor (be it on a fridge or a freezer) so that it isn't forever switching on an off. Personally, I set mine (on a fridge) for three minutes in the summer and disconnect the cooling function in the winter.

There is also a second facility that allows the temperature to be controlled within a certain "band". Personally, I have this set at 2.0 degrees in summer (when it is liable to be switching the fridge on and off) and 0.5 degrees in winter (when it's only switching the heater on and off).

My thinking for the delay and the span of control is simply that nothing serious can happen within three minutes when cooling a fridge and as I used to brew without a fridge OR a controller, to go for a finer control would be what is termed "anally retentive"! :whistle:

Latest posts

Back