Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 16g to 8g CO2 bulb adapter works a treat. Designed it and 3D printed it.

cf57c83b06d3a758022c9799f027fe3f.jpg
I made the adapter as a one off prototype and it works really well, I had it 3d printed by an online service so was quite expensive for a one off. I'm going to look into getting a batch made if there is enough interest but I would have thought no more than £10 delivered.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Gutted! I brought my keg of steam beer in from the shed and the top has got squashed so my PSD doesn't create a seal. Means I'll need to drink it all over 3 days. It's beautifully carbonated as well, the best tasting mini keg I've done! It was a second hand keg so I'm blaming the previous owner!

Did my first mini key today. Primed with 17g of sugar which should give me a nice carbonation. Brewersfriend calculated I put in 20g but that seemed a lot and having been through this thread, it's better to under prime than over prime.

I'm keeping it simple and just going to use the built in tap (I don't mind having to get through it in 3 days if it's nice).

I'm sure this is here somewhere but how long should/can you keep a beer in these for?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So BIG rookie mistake... just popped open a Keg of my Rye IPA. Totally flat...

Then I saw it. The bung was set to 1! 😲😲😲

Flat and smells awful. Drain pour it is. 😔

If it tastes OK, you can reprime it

Bummer! :doh:

The Good News is that, to see who was responsible, all you have to do is look in a mirror! :thumb:

Personally, I avoid all mirrors; and before anyone comments, it's not 'cos I'm a Vampire! :whistle:

Bummer! :doh:

The Good News is that, to see who was responsible, all you have to do is look in a mirror! :thumb:

Personally, I avoid all mirrors; and before anyone comments, it's not 'cos I'm a Vampire! :whistle:
😂👌
I will still blame the wife and/or child. I was probably rushed hence the mistake. 😜

I appreciate it has been a long time since the original post, however, I think these Easy Kegs are awesome! Can't praise them enough. Cheap, very easy and quick to fill, and the beer out of them looks and tastes great! Tastes almost like a cask pint in my opinion. They recommend priming with no more than 20g of sugar so as not to pressurise the keg too much. While this level of carbonation is perfect for English ales and bitters, I also tried an Oktoberfest beer in this keg, and I felt that the level of carbonation was a little low for this style of beer, but none the less, it made for very enjoyable beer! Especially good for parties etc. I found that once opened, it lasted for about 5 days, after that, it still tasted good but was quite flat. I highly recommend these kegs!

I made the adapter as a one off prototype and it works really well, I had it 3d printed by an online service so was quite expensive for a one off. I'm going to look into getting a batch made if there is enough interest but I would have thought no more than £10 delivered.

Why not start a thread in the group buy forum. :wink:

The recieved wisdom is the Easy Kegs cant hold that much pressure. Well,I made a Bitter using the Fullers yeast that I got out of a bottle of 1849(5?). The Fullers strain (WLP002/WY1968) is notorious for over attenuating. I roused the yeast after two days and when it came to packaging the OG was 80% so I thought everything would be fine. I mostly packaged in 1L growlers with a few 500ml bottles and 1xEasy Keg and carbed to 5g/L. I started to tuck into the growlers and but even after a quite short time I noticed the carbonation level seemed higher than 5g/L. Oh, Oh I thought.

This week end I decided to drink the Easy Keg after it had about 1 month conditioning. I opened the vent as usual and there was the normal rush of C02. But after a bit beer started coming out the bung vent, it then started to spray up the wall out of the vent. I had to close the vent, leave it for a bit then open the vent, to vent the C02, then close it again before beer started to come out. I had to do this about 2-3 times. The Easy Keg was obviously under quite high pressure but it hadn't distended or given any indication it was under such high pressure.
Perhaps we need to rethink how much priming sugar you can actually put in these thing

That is unfortunate! How long had the keg been settling? I had a similar issue with a commercial kegged beer when I took it on a weekend away and underestimated how churned up it got on the drive, when I tapped the keg, the beer came out at great pressure and went everywhere, so i quickly resealed it and left it to settle for longer, the next day it was fine.

That is unfortunate! How long had the keg been settling? I had a similar issue with a commercial kegged beer when I took it on a weekend away and underestimated how churned up it got on the drive, when I tapped the keg, the beer came out at great pressure and went everywhere, so i quickly resealed it and left it to settle for longer, the next day it was fine.

After I had done the 2-3 ventings the keg was fine. Fullers yeast is REALLY flocculant so didnt take very long at all to settle back down again

I made the adapter as a one off prototype and it works really well, I had it 3d printed by an online service so was quite expensive for a one off. I'm going to look into getting a batch made if there is enough interest but I would have thought no more than �£10 delivered.

I'd be interested in one of these

Put me down for one too if the order goes ahead. 😎👌

Latest posts

Back