DANA ipa biab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chub1

Reaction score
Just finished a small 5.5 litre BIAB 'Dana'IPA brew,dunk sparged and a good squeeze .
Came out 2 points higher than expected at 1.053,looking for around 5.5% abv:thumb:
Been dunk sparging now for my last few brews and have either hit or got above target which i was certainly not getting before by simply trickling sparge water over the grains or full volume mashes.Dunk sparging for me now:)

I'm a dunk sparger too. Really easy and does the job of rinsing off the sugars well.

I like the flavour description of dana and I keep meaning to make a beer with it as the flavour hops but its so cheap and high AA% from GEB I just keep end up using it for bittering and use something else for the late hops

I'm a dunk sparger too. Really easy and does the job of rinsing off the sugars well.

I like the flavour description of dana and I keep meaning to make a beer with it as the flavour hops but its so cheap and high AA% from GEB I just keep end up using it for bittering and use something else for the late hops
Brewdog do an all Dana brew so did something along the lines of that.
Have seen good and bad reports on those hops,some loving them some totally hating the taste
soooooooooooooo:whistle:

Brewdog do an all Dana brew so did something along the lines of that.
Have seen good and bad reports on those hops,some loving them some totally hating the taste
soooooooooooooo:whistle:

Now I can make it for about 25p I'm loathe to buy beer. Especially from brewdog I suspect it will be too bitter for me

What's the ABV% as that will of course have an effect on the bitterness? But it sound like it will be too high for me either way as I prefer session strengh beers
Should be around 5.5%.I deliberatly made it a lower expected abv than the recipie suggests and the IBU is a fair bit less:)

I dunk sparged on Friday and came in 8 points up!
It certainly can be effective.

Not used Dana yet. Keep us posted when it comes to bottle opening time :thumb:

Dunk sparged on quite a few of my brews and is always above target but the good thing is if you don't want such high ABV just dilute to session strength and more beer into the bargain.👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

Latest posts

Back