Day's back to being cr*p!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growler

Regular.
Reaction score
Just got home with SWMBO from hospital she has just been told she has cervical cancer!
And today also been told her dad has bowel cancer!
What else can go f@@king wrong!

Really sorry to hear that Growler. Its never nice to hear the C word. Keep your chin up mate. All the best from me and my family to you and yours!!!

PS... no idea where abouts you live but if your anywhere near Bolton and need a hand with anything let me know.

Don't give up hope. My wife had the same cancer 2 years ago. After 2 operations she has been clear for a year. They said it will be 5 years before she gets a full all clear but the check ups have gone from every 3 months to every 4 months so progress may sound slow but it is progress. Don't give up hope.

Don't panic buddy, been there done that, let the magicians (surgeons etc) work their magic :thumb:

Cheers everyone was feeling very low but can't let the wife see it
We will get through it and thanks for the kind words and sympathy

Really sorry to hear that Growler. I know it's hard to stay positive but chin up mate. Take care of yourself as we'll as your family :thumb:

saying sorry for your bad news just doesn't seem enough, but I am, I can't imagine how you are feeling and I especially can't imagine how your wife's feeling and especially with her dad to but it's good that she's got you staying strong for her so keep it up and you'll pull through it

I only seem to post on here when I need some sympathy and you lot always deliver :D
we are trying to stay positive but you lot are helping loads

cheers Max

So sorry to hear that, it's not like it used to be, the treatments have come on leaps and bounds even in the last 2 years let alone the last 10.

My OH has got a colposcopy (spelling) on Tuesday as they have found borderlind abnormal cells, she's terrified, as am i if im honest!
Hope all works out for you :)

good luck to you and yours mate , treatments come a long way in the last decade, my mum had precancerous cells on her cervix 20 years ago they were excised and shes not had another problem there since, she had a partial mastectomy 8 years ago and is hale and hearty today

Good luck mate, cancer isn't the sentence it used to be so with any luck, they should both make a full recovery. Stay strong.

Wishing you all well in the trying times to come. The'll be good days and bad days ahead, Cherish the good ones and don't get to despondent at the bad ones. Keep strong.

So sorry to hear that, I hope they both make a full recovery. My thoughts are with your family, I'm sure you'll have lots of support on here too when you need it. Look after yourselves x

Hope it all turns out good Growler... :thumb:
My wife's just starting/trying to get over thyroid cancer, she's got a 5" scar across her lower neck because they removed both her thyroid glands..... Wished they'd gone a little higher with the needle and cotton though and stitched her mouth up...lol :D
But seriously it's a big shock being told you have cancer and you always expect the worst ..... up to just things are slowly getting better....

I wish you both well, it's not easy!!

John

Latest posts

Back