Day's back to being cr*p!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let it rip m8,have a good old boo & get it out of ya,6ft 17 stone bearded tattooed beat messiah type biker myself & i have done it & come out the other side. There's no shame in letting all your frustrations out buddy, no one will think less of you so go for it & hopefully the anger etc will fade away to be replaced with more positive thinking, feel for you m8 hope it works out :thumb: ken.

I've just seen your update Growler, that is excellent news :thumb:

You are certainly no less of a man for acknowledging your feelings and riding them out. Even though you've had such good news, it's understandable that you need to vent the anger, sadness etc, that you may have been feeling the past while. I hope all continues to go well for your wife's treatment, and that today is a good day for you both x

So sorry to hear your news - my deepest sympathy, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Definite :thumb: to BB's humour. I trust you will be able to see some humour in your situations during the upcoming months.

Best of luck

okay Hope you lot don't mind me still going on :tongue:

Wife has seen a surgeon today who has finally explained what is going on

The cancer is a level 1 b but is an aggressive cancer :shock:
There is none showing on the MRI but it MAY be in the lympth glands and bloody cells of the cervix :x
But even though she is very over weight ( she has lost 3 stone since the middle of January) she is still fit and healthy (aside from this) and is a very good candidate for surgery :party:
bad part is they will be removing EVERYTHING!!!! and untill they have checked it all out they won't know wether she will still need radio and chemo therapy :(

other problem is because we live in Coventry and the surgeon is based in Birmingham it means the cov have to pay Birmingham to do the surgery which is more expensive than the radio and chemo therapy but hopefully they will do what is best for her :pray:

Hope they can work their magic for her, thinking of you both.

wifes grandmother died this morning :(

what else can happen to us!!!

Bl**dy hell G. Sorry to hear that.

You really are having it chucked at you in spades.

Feel your pain. When everything goes pear it tends to do it all at once.

Things do turn round though. The sh*t runs out eventually. Just battle on.

Bloody hell mate im sorry, you've been through it lately!!!
We've been through quite a bit recently too SWMBO also had a positive result.
Fortunately it came back from colpos as no CIN but still worried the hell out of us, they don't rush themselves do they :roll:
Not had as much bad luck as you though.

Our condolencies to your missus and you G. :)

Andy & Family.

Sh*t, really sory to hear that G

Stay strong, your luck will change soon :thumb:

Growler said:
wifes grandmother died this morning :(

what else can happen to us!!!

The worst thing about ageing is that the older you get the more funerals you have to go to.

All my grand parents went long ago and my wife's went about 5-10 years ago. We are now onto parents each having one left, and I'm starting to lose members of my generation too :( Its often said that time is a healer but the reality is that over time you get used to the fact they aren't there but you never get over it.

How things play out with your FIL are beyond your control, all you can do is be there for him and your Mrs and make sure everyone stays as positive as possible while the doc's will do what they can.

Chin up, and shedding a tear every now and then doesn't make you any less bad ass IMO.

Cheers guys can always rely on you lot to help buck me up :thumb:

Sorry to hear all that growler makes my woes pale to insignificance. I hope your wife gets the surgery she needs at least that is a positive bit of news to come out of this.

Thoughts with your family as ever.

My thoughts are with you Growler, sorry about the post earlier, didn't read all the recent posts.. :oops:

John

So sorry to hear the bad news Growler.

Try keep that chin up.

Alk the best mate you are in our thoughts

Sorry to hear your bad news Growler.

I must admit I've been watching this thread from the sidelines as I am going through difficult times with my own mum suffering with incurable lung and lymph cancer at the moment and I didn't want to chip in and take anything away from how you and the people around you are feeling (including the extended family of THBF).

All I can say is now is the time you need to be your strongest and most positive as your wife and father in law will feed from this. Taking yourself to one side and having a weep makes you no less of a man, I'm 6'2" and consider myself a proper man but I've shed a few tears over the last few weeks and felt much better for it, my head cleared and able to focus on the next step.

Be Strong. :thumb:

Can't add much more to what has already been said. Raising a glass to the good lady. :cheers:

Growler-there aren't the words. I've walked a short way in your shoes (as have many who have posted here). Keep the hope burning in your lady & her father.

Shedding a tear doesn't make you less of a man. Brother-it means you are a well adjusted human being who loves & feels deeply.

It may be little comfort but you are in my thoughts & I wish only the very best for you & yours.

Latest posts

Back