Stop the world I want to get off

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting way off topic.. an epi-pen will not cure anaphylactic shock, it only buys some time before cardiac arrest, so don't think just because a sufferer has had a jab that you do not need to call an ambulance. You do, and VERY quickly.

Going back to the original peanut story, I notice that the product was labelled "Whole Hearted Roasted Monkey Nuts" - it doesn't say peanuts. Now I agree that if you are allergic to peanuts then you ought to be wary of all nut products but what about children?

For the other stories, the Winnebago cruise control crash is made up along with many other similar stories. The McDonald court case was in America where they have juries to decide civil cases. Someone tried a similar claim in the UK and the judge threw it out.

But it is ridiculous that milk does sometimes have allergy warnings "Contains milk".

It's far simpler for a blanket 'If it has been near nuts, or contain nuts, it has to say so'

Friends ex wife had a wheat allergy, that was a tricky one to keep tab of

Strangest label I saw recently(ish) making a 'Fat Bob' halloween costume, the largest lumberjack style shirt I found, label said.....XXXXL (Slimmer Fit)!!!! How? And it's not my normal size either!

I worked in a food factory that made things like pasta salads and bean salads and when a product required nuts, it was like we breaking out the Plutonium, major major safety taken when dealing with it and that's because the company doesn't want sued, so the claims culture is actually making most (not all) companies really step up their game when it comes to food safety and cross contamination, so I suppose it's a good thing, but it always pushes up insurance premiums so in a roundabout way we're paying for that piece of mind.

I'd like to think they were careful coz they didn't want to kill somebody, ahead of not wanting to be sued.

oldbloke said:
I'd like to think they were careful coz they didn't want to kill somebody, ahead of not wanting to be sued.
I'm sure that would be the official answer but as the boss sais "it's all about covering arses" so not to sure if public safety would be the primary concern!!

Latest posts

Back