Apollo 40 l boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ren

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone used 40l Apollo boiler?
Apollo-AWB40-40-Litre-Water-Boiler.jpg

Looks really similar to Buffalo boilers.

Has anyone used one of these yet??? Seriously considering buying one, but I'm reluctant until I can find at least one review.

looks great! If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you. Did you fit a hop filter - if so, was it easy? Is the temperature ocntrol any good?

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36636
I used this topic to fit a ball valve and a bazooka hop strainer without punching holes in the boiler.
Temp control works fine but I didn't pay attention how precise it was

Thanks for sharing your experience Ren. I've just ordered one, hopefully it'll work just as well for me!

How are you getting along with this?

Could you give me a quick step by step of the process you use and any other equipment required I am guessing you use BIAB method.

The boiler is holding up well. I'm not using BIAB, I made a primitive mash tun out of two fermenting buckets (soon to be upgraded!). I'm now on to my 8th all grain batch using thus set up. I've had some issues with the boiler cutting out on two brews, think this was due to build up around the element. Otherwise it's been perfect.

Back