What're you asking for from Santa? ;)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calluma11

Reaction score
This question arises as I like my gadgets/equipment - and I obsess over things (ie, homebrew)

I'm looking for ideas for stocking fillers up to main present (from girlfriend.. so anything up to £80ish)

I've not yet got space to start to even think about all grain / biab unfortunately*
Here's what I've got so far:

- bottle cappter
- cheap grain mill
- bottle tree (there was a bottle rinser alongside that which is supposed to speed up cleaning and sanitising)
- heating tray

as i'm a guy who likes my gear, i have all the basic equipment so thinking for 'different' things that can help my efficiency / quality, so i'm interested to see what you guys are after :)

Cheers :cheers:
Callum

P.S. I'm not after ingredients, just equipment please. But feel free to post ingredients you want :)

*My dad's making me get a shed, which i'm saving up for at the moment. This will hold my homebrew stuff.. and more - cue home bar and corny kegs and such ;)

I have to boil all my water when putting on a brew as we have our own water supply which the council regularly come and test - and always tell us it's unfit for human consumption! Basically it's just diluted sheep s**t...
So I'm going to get a Burco boiler as boiling 5gals water using the kettle is a bit of a pain.
Of course once I've got that I could then think about BIAB brewing...

I remember you saying in another thread about your water, bet that'll be a nice relief for you haha.

I guess it's always nice to have that option then eh

Right, so my girlfriends grandparents have come in to the equasion and directly asked if i need anything for homebrew..
Any further suggestions? :)

Are there any kits you fancy trying - why not get a premium kit off your list from your in-laws ?

Its my birthday next week so have passed my wife a list of very specific bits I would like !

Heres my Birthday List (hoping for 2-3 beer kits out of the 4suggestions I have passed on):
Another King Keg - top tap with sparkler tap
Bottle Rinser/Washer
Kit: Festival Landlords Finest Bitter
Kit: Bulldog Rajas Reward IPA
Kit: St Peters Ruby Red Ale
Kit: Coopers English Bitter (bit cheaper so my son can give me it as a pressie).

I live 20 minutes from home-brew-online.com in York so my wife can pop in and pickup which is handy !

I will have another list for Christmas but need to get my Birthday out the way before thinking about that :smile:.

I see you have a heat pad on your list - may be worth adding one of those STC-1000 temp thermostat/controllers into the equation to avoid boiling your beer !

I didnt think of premium kits - placing them in the ingredients section. But why not? Save myself a few pennies which would be good! :)

I'll have a look into that thermostat. Now, time to go online shoppig for kits :D

Thanks

Latest posts

Back