Black Sabbath

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please do, good to get feed back. It'll have lots of flavour. With the Weiss yeast it's pretty intense. You coujd use different hops if you don't have admiral and challenger.

Brewed on the 15th of July, using the nottingham yeast, bottled on the 3rd of August, so its had a good time to condition. A lovely rich stout with a nicely bittered aftertaste, and a soft liquorice twang. It must be something quite extraordinary with the Mauribrew yeast, but I'm very pleased with it as is!

Brewed on the 15th of July, using the nottingham yeast, bottled on the 3rd of August, so its had a good time to condition. A lovely rich stout with a nicely bittered aftertaste, and a soft liquorice twang. It must be something quite extraordinary with the Mauribrew yeast, but I'm very pleased with it as is!

Thanks for reporting back, really appreciate it. It's a brew I like a lot, and it keeps getting better with age, I've found. I need to brew it again. I'll probably change something, I always do.

This is a really great beer. This is the best beer I have brewed. I am using a corny for the first time and I force carbonated. It's just amazing, well done Clibit and thanks for sharing. I'm serving this cold but it has a very warming aftertaste

IMG_0616.jpg

I've got 22L of this, made exactly as per recipe, still in the primary fv, 12 days now (normally don't touch for 14 days). Well, it's been a looooong 12 days - never even tasted a sample!

Just sampled this from trial jar. Still no movement on where it was but it tastes amazingly good. Don't to to over carb this as its tasting great as it is.

I have 19L in a corny, uncarbed (purged), conditioning. Will force carb it up in December for Xmas period. If I carb it up now, it will never see Xmas :lol:

This brew has been a nightmare. My first disaster. Stuck at 1020 for over a week having tried to get it going again. So bottled it which clearly got it going again. Opens one and pretty much covered myself and every wall in it. Left alone in the cold for longer I look now and there's some wierd stuff sat on top of it in the neck of the bottle. Looks like a yeast infection from looking online. So down the plug this shall go.

This brew has been a nightmare. My first disaster. Stuck at 1020 for over a week having tried to get it going again. So bottled it which clearly got it going again. Opens one and pretty much covered myself and every wall in it. Left alone in the cold for longer I look now and there's some wierd stuff sat on top of it in the neck of the bottle. Looks like a yeast infection from looking online. So down the plug this shall go.

What a tragedy.

The "Hand of Doom" has fallen upon your brew. "Into The Void" it goes.... :cry:

Sad times. Think the fact it stuck then I transferred it to FV for another week let to much air in. Should of stuck it in keg as once it started again would of prob carbed it up.

Back