Corni Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunken_Jock

Reaction score
After showing the wife all my new gear. And letting her try the cider and lager i have done she asked where i was going to store all of this as having 40x1l bottles kicking about is a bit much. I said I have a plan for that. DA DA DAAAAA showed her the Corni Keg......

After her looking at it for a few minutes and watching a few vids i waited for her to give her usual screw up face and what do you want that for. She turned to me and said...............................

Thas good eh!

Well I fainted after having to stop thinking of the excuses as to why I had to get or need one she said i could get it next month if i wanted...........

TBH Im still in a state of shock.

But my question is where do you get yours and do you get one with the S30 connection on it and is there a place I can buy all my parts that I need. The cheapest I have found is £70 with nothing else.

Cheers in anticipation.

Jock

:thumb: Still cant believe it :party: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spot on Snail... :thumb: Jock email Norm see what he's got..I got a pair with connectors for £65...now the fun starts finding Co2 bottle/regs/

Jock there's a BIGGER Q you have to ask yourself :eek:

What's her plan??????? Why is she so nice with it all?????? I can see a big expensive shopping trip for clothes or an expensive holiday coming up.... :cry:

Keep your head down sunshine :whistle:

OMG i have been looking at ones for £70 each emailed norm and waiting a reply.

If he is doing them for £65 a pair then if he has them and available I will be having 2 so please dont tell the wife. Ill just say that there was a mistake........ :whistle:

MY wife can be a bit of a :twisted: until she has a few glasses of wine then :drunk: :rofl:

Jock

As Snail said "Fully reconditioned just some dents and scratches"

But there was nowt wrong with the pair I had.....When my setup is finished I'm looking for another pair!!! :pray:

I was reading a marine fish forum that 2nd hand Fire extingisher can take a regulator and you can get them refilled for a £10 at the fire maintance depot.

Anyone else heard or even better dont this

Jock

Still no reply from Norm :(

I'm sure Norm will get back to you by tomorrow night, think he may even do them a bit cheaper as he wont have the ebay costs.

Thinking of getting one of my kegs fitted with a S30 connection for taking on trips, as Argos will some be stocking Soda stream products again....Well so I saw on a TV advert last night

I've heard of using co2 fire extinguishers also, but why not just go with a 5 or 10 lb co2 tank? In my neck of the woods I can get them filled at any welding supply shop. I'm running a 15lb bottle and it's been a year since I last filled it.

As far as a good regulator goes this is in the US but their prices are so cheep it may be worth looking into. I've done business with them in the past and I have been happy.
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?mai ... 20a&page=2

Sean_Mc said:
I'm sure Norm will get back to you by tomorrow night, think he may even do them a bit cheaper as he wont have the ebay costs.

Thinking of getting one of my kegs fitted with a S30 connection for taking on trips, as Argos will some be stocking Soda stream products again....Well so I saw on a TV advert last night

For trips you can get a fitting so you can use your primary regulator with a small co2 paintball cylinder. I hate the little 7oz co2 squeeze injectors, someone inevitably messes with it and dumps the whole cylinder into the corrny. With a regulator and a paint ball tank you can set it and forget it.

If you don't have a supplier of 6.35Kg CO2 nearby (And lets face it the supply of CO2 is very well tied up here in the UK), then a Fire Extinguisher makes a very good substitute . . . HOWEVER . . . Fire extinguishers have a dip tube that reaches to the bottom of the cylinder (For maximum knock down effect - hit the fire with liquid CO2) . . . So to dispense gaseous CO2 from a fire extinguisher you need to invert it.

If anyone wants a 6.35 Cylinder (or indeed a 3.15 cylinder) Make me an offer, I bought them years ago . . . and the place that would refill them has stopped doing so . . . but if you have a place that will pressure test and refill then you could be onto a winner :lol:

Getting co2 is a problem in the UK? Can't you get it from a welding supply shop?

I'm not being a smart ass, I'm just genuinely shocked that it a problem. Why is it tied up?

I get my beer gas from a Welding supply shop, but a lot of places here in the UK are funny about not supplying to private individuals . . . and you get some silly prices charged for bottle deposit (as much as £50) and rental (up to £10 or more a month) before you add on the cost of the refill (Up to £20 for 14lb - my last one was £11) in order to put private individuals off.

I was 'lucky' enough to buy a couple of cylinders (a 14lb and a 7lb) from a homebrew shop several years ago (I passed frequently enough so that If I ran out I could get it replaced easily), but after about a year they stopped doing the refills, they didn't know about or appreciate the cost of hydro testing the bottles. . . . Which was a shame as it was a very good price for gas.

It is also a Health and Safety thing as well :roll:

Aleman said:
It is also a Health and Safety thing as well :roll:

Sometimes I can't blame them for that, it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. And going by some posts here and on Jim's, I do worry sometimes.

What about getting in good with your local welder? I've never met a welder that doesn't drink beer and that's one thing we have plenty of. A half case of good beer will get you a long ways.

Back