boxes for your bottles..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Having just bottled 42 stout and already have 41 Wherry conditioning the long haired general asked where these were going to be stored...all being taken care of I assured her..temporary, free solution...
Banana boxes from the supermarket. .the shorter versions hold 35 x 500ml, I think the larger fiffe type should take a full batch. All you need to do is put some very stiff card over the hole in the bottom and fill them where they are going to live. The hole in the lid if required can be covered with card too. The lid doesn't quite fully locate to it's lowest /original point but isn't a problem. The boxes are very sturdy and should stack a couple high without issues. Obviously for indoor/in your shed use..
Cheers

Clint

Oh,and if you haven't progressed to labelling your bottles you can,in your best hand writing,put a little note on the outside indicating the contents and when bottled. As I have.

....... if you haven't progressed to labelling your bottles ........

Labelling bottles? Get a grip! My bottles last less than those in an off-licence so I write what each brew is on the shelf instead! :thumb: :thumb:

Shelves Full.jpg

I mark the caps with the brew number. On my wall, chalk board explaining each brew for guests that come over. It's easy and since we always toss the caps, cleanup is easy.

Hello all
Having just bottled 42 stout and already have 41 Wherry conditioning the long haired general asked where these were going to be stored...all being taken care of I assured her..temporary, free solution...
Banana boxes from the supermarket. .the shorter versions hold 35 x 500ml, I think the larger fiffe type should take a full batch. All you need to do is put some very stiff card over the hole in the bottom and fill them where they are going to live. The hole in the lid if required can be covered with card too. The lid doesn't quite fully locate to it's lowest /original point but isn't a problem. The boxes are very sturdy and should stack a couple high without issues. Obviously for indoor/in your shed use..
Cheers

Clint

Oh,and if you haven't progressed to labelling your bottles you can,in your best hand writing,put a little note on the outside indicating the contents and when bottled. As I have.

35 or 40 is a lot in one box if you need to lift it

...don't try to lift them..that's why I said fill them where they are going to live...and dib in as required. I was thinking along the lines of storage and conditioning..

Cheers

Clint

No need to label my bottles as most of them contain "beer", sometimes it's something else, not sure what though.

Labelling bottles? Get a grip! My bottles last less than those in an off-licence so I write what each brew is on the shelf instead! :thumb: :thumb:

beats the inside the coopers boxes under the bed thing that's for sure

Aldi have got stackable plastic crates in at the moment that are the perfect size for 35 500ml bottles. My mancave is starting to look (almost) tidy!

I'm lucky the bok choi at work comes in crates perfect for 20 500ml bottles.
There a tiny bit to week, I wish the bok choi guys would get there act together..

Back