aldi swing top bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelviss

Reaction score
looking around my local aldi (st marks rd Sunderland), and they are selling brown swing-top bottles @��£1.79 with free beer, choice of 4 German beers, not tried any yet but can see me getting 40+.
not in the usual beer shelf, but the world foods type section.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/das-helle-500ml/p/053764004789400

https://www.aldi.co.uk/volksfestbier-500ml/p/070943061212200

Das-Helle-500ml-A.jpg
Volksfestbier-500ml-A.jpg

I'm going to try and buy some today. What do I need to do to the bottles once drank e.g. Does anything need replacing on swing tops?

I'm going to try and buy some today. What do I need to do to the bottles once drank e.g. Does anything need replacing on swing tops?

Nope just give them a good rinse / clean after drinking the contents and stick them away somewhere for future brews. The rubber washers on the caps do eventually perish but replacements are readily available from most homebrew shops.

And to the OP, good spot, I had a few of these some years back when they were doing the offer, seem to remember that they were all quite pleasant. Unfortunately back then I wasn't doing a great deal of homebrew and what I did do went straight in the keg so I recycled the bottles. Silly thing to do in retrospect. Might have to go and get some more now, the dark one sounds interesting :whistle:

Nicely spotted might have to get some of these to add to my assortment of swing top bottles.
You can also buy 3 grolsh? Bottles for a fiver in Tesco s these also come with free beer.

If anyone goes to aldi ask when are they in store until.

With most of these deals (Aldi/Lidl) they're in store until they've sold them all, e.g. each store gets a 1000 bottles and when they're gone they're gone.

If you want some go sooner rather than later ;) (I'm still cursing the fact I missed out on the Lidl Belgian beer box earlier on in the year!)

Just been to my local Aldi couldnt spot these anywhere :-(

Ditto. Popped into the Perth store on my way to the station after work tonight. On the bright side, I also popped into Morrisons and finally managed to get hold of a bottle of Trooper Red & Black after almost 2 weeks of trying!

They have them in around Leicester at the moment. There's also a gluten-free beer in 750ml swing tops if you're after larger sizes.

I went and bought 6 of each. They're not in the beer section. They're next to the where they sell off the wine on offer, round the corner from the 'cultural' bit which is currently Italian food. I asked and they said until they're sold but that they're in preparation for Oktoberfest so have a bit of stock too.

With most of these deals (Aldi/Lidl) they're in store until they've sold them all, e.g. each store gets a 1000 bottles and when they're gone they're gone.

If you want some go sooner rather than later ;) (I'm still cursing the fact I missed out on the Lidl Belgian beer box earlier on in the year!)

Nearest Aldi is an hour away, wont be in the area until Monday. Its a long way for a bottle.

Cheers I will buy some more. Got 40 last year. Love them.

I've picked up my first couple of the season from the Blaby store today, and they've definitely got them in the Meridian store too. I built up enough for a 40 pint batch last year, and I reckon I'll do it again this year too!

Just picked up 3 tonight, not really for the bottles, just wanted to give them a try! But I will keep the bottles for my homebrew :thumb:

Absolutely loads left in stock. Hopefully they will be reduced in a week or so if they dont sell out.

I've picked up my first couple of the season from the Blaby store today, and they've definitely got them in the Meridian store too. I built up enough for a 40 pint batch last year, and I reckon I'll do it again this year too!

Cheers I go there myself. They also have clear 750ml bottles of lemonade £1.69 i think which are good for wine but they don't have exactly the same tops( No washer).

Cheers I go there myself. They also have clear 750ml bottles of lemonade �£1.69 i think which are good for wine but they don't have exactly the same tops( No washer).

I put redcurrant gin in the lemonade bottles...

report back, picked up 2 of each this evening, most i can get away with mid month cash flow and all, and having tryed all five, carnt fault any, must say the wheat bear is the best i have tryed the lidl one i did not like and that has put me of doing the pair of wilko double can kits of wheat beer i got cheap, but if that will be like the Das Weizen, im sold, or as planed just use them in my porters

Latest posts

Back