The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This stuff is so good (and cheap) that all other yeasts have become obsolete, for me. Ok I don't do lager/wheat/Belgians/Saisons and other wacky stuff, but for my pale it's got the best blend of characteristics I've had in yonks of brewing. Yikes! Making stout tomorrow... see how that pans out.

I made a Stout with the USA Pale yeast as was getting poor attenuation with the Irish Ale yeast recently. Not had a sample yet but high hopes. Made around 6 IPA's and BIPA now with that yeast and its a cracker. So cheap been using 2 packs and fermenting lower than normal.

I was just given a pack of Crossmyloof Kolsch Yeast by my neighbour. I have a few other brews planned before I use it though, as I have some harvested samples to test out.

I checked my Bitter earlier and it looked done so I took a gravity sample. 1.008 from 1.044 in four days, so no slouch when it comes to fermenting.The pack said 75% attentuation. Using a calculator this comes out at 81% attenuation. The sample tasted really nice, I wasnt punched in the face by esters or anything though. I'll leave it to bulk age for a full two weeks then package and condition for a further two more

I checked my Bitter earlier and it looked done so I took a gravity sample. 1.008 from 1.044 in four days, so no slouch when it comes to fermenting.The pack said 75% attentuation. Using a calculator this comes out at 81% attenuation. The sample tasted really nice, I wasnt punched in the face by esters or anything though. I'll leave it to bulk age for a full two weeks then package and condition for a further two more
Thought you were **** at maths[emoji23]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Just pitched their Belgian to my lucky 7 brew earlier.Been in cubes for a month 18 in one and 7 in the other.Put the lot in one fermenter and fitted a blow off tube due to only 4" of headspace.Never used it before and first for this mixture of grain so shall be interesting.

Hops are well priced. Might venture away from themaltmiller next brew and buy bulk grain and then some of these hops from these guys.

I just taken delivery of 10 packs of the US pale after reading the good reviews here.
:hat:#

Gonna chuck 2 in an IPA at the weekend
:cheers:

Just pitched their Belgian to my lucky 7 brew earlier.Been in cubes for a month 18 in one and 7 in the other.Put the lot in one fermenter and fitted a blow off tube due to only 4" of headspace.Never used it before and first for this mixture of grain so shall be interesting.

Be interested to hear the results of the Belgian, I've got one planned and haven't decided about yeast choice yet

2? Is the OG particularly high or the fermentation temp particulrly low? If not, I think 1 wul do

It should start at about 1.058, and I do like to start fermentation at the very low end of the temp range.
To be honest I've always used more than 1 pack in brews over 1.050 (or a big starter with liquid yeasts) as this seems to be the recommendation from the yeast manufacturers, and at 80p a pack for the CML yeast why risk under pitching?

Last edited:
Just got my yeast through from Crossmyloof and will be making a sweet newbie brown with it soon. Had carbonation drops before and very good. Prices are excellent vs the other big manufacturers.

He said he may have some true lager yeast in the Autumn.

IMG_1037.jpg

I started a Punk IPA clone yesterday with the American Ale yeast - it was fermenting like crazy within 9 hours. Fastest start I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back