Forever yeast 👍

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have adjusted the recipe slightly to accomodate 10kg of Maris Otter I also have.I figured with the 25kg pale ale malt,10kg of maris otter,4 kg of Minch wheat malt and 1kg of cascade that I should be able to also get to grips with lower ABV beers.Here's a screenshot of the recipe.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I wondered how many litres you were going to brew with that amount of malt and hops ... :whistle:

... then realised that there was probably a decimal point missing and relaxed! :lol:

Looks good! :thumb:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I wondered how many litres you were going to brew with that amount of malt and hops ... :whistle:

... then realised that there was probably a decimal point missing and relaxed! :lol:

Looks good! :thumb:

Hopefully we will get Ten batches of Twenty to split in Two,,,,,,

Can I just split the silt mix from the bottom of my fermenter into 2 barrels and add the new ginger beer ingredients to them ?

Taking the last bit of the ginger beer liquid off of course (to keep me warm of course here)

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

I have done this a few times, The basic method is leaving a litre of green beer in the FV and swirling it around for a bit and pouting it into a big jug and thencee into 250ml PET bottles (cheap lemonade). These live in the fridge and you might get 6-10 bottles.

I am now on a third generation in the fridge and I don't like the lack of flocculation, so have started a new pack of US 05, which I will use going forward. I may keep one or two of the 3rd generation bottles for a bit longer.

This way you can get realistically 12- 15 brews from this approach without going down to generation 3, which is very noticeably less flocculant. As clear beer is something of an obsession (and I have had several of these over the years) at the current time, I only might go down 2 generations, but get 12 brews from a single sachet.

US 05 gives me the style of clean tasting beer I seem to like, although it does have unusual characteristics.

I may add that I don't think I have chucked a single sachet of Muntons or Coopers etc yeast since I re-started in Sept 2013. This is going to have to change, as there is a distinct lack of space.

Latest posts

Back