Pale Ale 15l experiment with 3 x 4.5l batches

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks similar to my first Pale Ale and it was pale ok but lovely 🏍

Sent from my ALE-L21

I done pale ale befor my memory went!! But the sample was great..not nuff aroma or bitter hops mind...that's going to change! Lol
If I get dry hops (25g each) in a dj reckong I can gauge it for larger brews... :-)

Thinking out loud...
5-7 days...at the end crash cool it...will that get the hops to the bottom? Any probs with my suggestion please?
Thinking the loose hops is gonna be a PITA but I'll get there..
One of the good things with experimenting with dry hops is getting the right hops I'll would like and for all they'll be bottled, I could adjust dry hopping into to my corni keg..(this time a hops bag)
Any suggestions I'll be chuffed.

Racked the brew into the 3 dj's but been noticing there's still activity in all dj's.
Took a reading before I racked, 1.012 and no activity for 3 days.
Does it mean a smaller vessel and the addition of dry hops making the last yeast work?
And how about crashing them?
For the hops to submerge, and leaving nuff yeast for carbing (once the temp is sorted after racking.
Any help be appreciated once again

After cold crash the hops made easier but the leaf was a PITA to syphon :-(
Using a Muslin bag it's was done..
I tried not to taste it,, or work out the aroma...
Now the Dj's are in room temp now I'll get a SH reading before I decide to bottle n carb..
Really looking fwd to test them.

Looks like you've made great progress with this. Brilliant thread. Going to be 3 cracking beers there.

Well the DJ's were racked...
For all I'm **** at reviewing them..I try my best..simplified (like me!)

First up
EAST KENT GOLDINGS
Aroma- strong
Taste- middle-ish bitterness
Marks 10-10
FIRST GOLD
Aroma- light hops
Taste- strong bitterness
Marks 6-10
BRAMLING CROSS
Aroma- slight hops
Taste- slight bitterness
Marks 8-10

So far it's going to EKG...but the Bramling cross has a more satisfying taste of you we're supping a few bottles...
But a long way to go....
Wanted to get this in b4 I get lashed!!
Hoppy Sunday
Bri

Racked the brew into the 3 dj's but been noticing there's still activity in all dj's.
Took a reading before I racked, 1.012 and no activity for 3 days.
Does it mean a smaller vessel and the addition of dry hops making the last yeast work?
And how about crashing them?
For the hops to submerge, and leaving nuff yeast for carbing (once the temp is sorted after racking.
Any help be appreciated once again

The leaf will always float even if you cold crash it in my experience. I have given up on leaf after dry hopping my Punk IPA and finding a 5" layer on top that was barely moist. Was a massive waste of hops and lost loads of beer. Wont be a problem carbing up as even after i have cold crashed and added finings it still carbs up in 2 or 3 weeks. Best of luck Bri.

The leaf will always float even if you cold crash it in my experience. I have given up on leaf after dry hopping my Punk IPA and finding a 5" layer on top that was barely moist. Was a massive waste of hops and lost loads of beer. Wont be a problem carbing up as even after i have cold crashed and added finings it still carbs up in 2 or 3 weeks. Best of luck Bri.
i did have good-ish result...only 25g each hops.
each has good points and bad.
think pellets is the way ahead tbh.:thumb:

Chilled and pour one early!
Brambling cross..
Just the right of carbonation.
This time, there's a stronger (can't spell the word!) floura aroma and the taste.
But the big defference is the bittereness...boy chuffed I just put 25g in.
Learning all the time...the difference that a chilled bottle can change so much
I gave it 8-10...now coz of the bitterness be much lower. 4-10
Next the first gold..
TBC

Latest posts

Back