Brew in a basket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCat

Landlord.
Reaction score
East and West Grimblestbottom under the rye
Came across this smaller basket http://www.banggood.com/310x300mm-B...r-Kettle-300-Mesh-p-1123460.html?rmmds=search
Wont fit in the ace boiler though but i reckon you could make a decent 1pot set up with one of these, a pump and maybe an induction on lowest setting for mashing. Only thing thought about is it might be a nightmare to clean.

Here is a video of the baskets [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9FZYmgRLJM[/ame]

Hi!
The Keg Kingdom model is marked as sold out (and has been for months). The Chinese basket is only 30cm tall (one foot in old money) so probably not tall enough for grain, but it might make a dandy hop spider for leaf hops.
I've looked at the Utah Biodeisel site before, but reckon a bespoke basket would cost a lot. If I had money behind me I think that there's cash to be made by importing grain baskets to fit ACE (and other model) boilers.
There is an Australian brewing system that has a grain basket that would fit the ACE, sells at about £100 inc. shipping, but I can't find the link at the moment.
I've just shelled out on a 40 litre Buffalo - let's see what the internal diameter is on that baby.
EDIT - the Aussie grain basket is here - wouldn't you know it - sold out!

Last edited:
I'm considering a budget single vessel RIMS system based around BIAB. I had only seen the brew builder basket before but it's extortionate. £50 is a lot more palatable but still a bit pricey for my budget build.

I had considered the possibility of simply using a plastic bucket with holes in the bottom for drainage and then line it with a fine mesh bag to act as a the filter. So long as the buckets are rated appropriately they should have not issues at mash temps etc. Appreciate it might not be as pleasing on the eye as SS but I think it would do the job nicely for less than a tenner.

@BREWERSDROOP Thanks for the link.

@JonBrew I have thought about using a bucket and seen people doing the same.

Being honest since i have gone back to using a BAG i have found it a lot easier and no stuck sparges. I have a false bottom to stop scorching but anything would do, a cake rack for instance.

Latest posts

Back