Premium wine kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zutman

Reaction score
I've just started wine making got all the stuff I think I need, inc a brew fridge,
I've been looking at the 10ltr and 16 ltr red wine kits (Australian Shiraz) and was wondering if anyone has brewed any of em ? I'm want to get one but not sure if there is any difference over all, I think it's Going to take me a good year or so to get my stocks up if I can wait that long. Any advice please

I am going to make my own wine from scratch at some point but need to get used to the kit and gain some experience first, same goes for the beer.

Thanks

You should knock out a few WOWS. Look for the sticky thread.
Great for building up supplies and cheap as chips .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having been dabbling in wine recently and bought some extra fermenting buckets to up the quantities I've decided that I'll start with the cheap kits and work my way up in cost until I hit upon a sweet spot (though hopefully not a sweet wine!).

I've got a fair few WOWs under my belt now though only in 1 gallon form, I got a 5 gallon Wine Buddy Sauvignon Blanc kit in the Tesco sale for something silly like �£12, that's been made and we're drinking it. Really not bad and perfect for summer quaffing. Next up I've done a Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon (£30) which I'll be bottling soon, some for drinking after a week or two, some left to mature a bit. After that I'll move up to the thirty day kits, probably a Beaverdale, Kenridge or California Connoisseur.

Generally the more you spend the better it will be as the juice will be higher quality and more of it. The better kits also recommend the wine is aged for 6 months+ though so patience is needed!

It's already noticeable the improvement going from the Wine Buddy which came with a little bottle of concentrated grape juice and required an additional 4kg of sugar to the Cellar 7 that comes with 5L of grape juice concentrate and doesn't need any sugar added.

I did exactly what Graz is doing. I worked up from Winebuddy to Cellar 7 then on to Beaverdale and Finally Kenridge Classic which is where i have settled.
Tried various white and red kits of each. The Kenridge classic Nebbiolo is excellent. To me with kits there is a noticeable difference as you step up and where you stop is all about individual taste.

I still do the odd wow as its a never ending journey of discovery and also a craft TC which i really like on a summers day. I recently got back into beer kits and found they have moved on since i last did them in the 80's. Dry hopping to improve the taste is also an interesting adventure.

Good luck on your journey it certainly is a fun hobby.

Latest posts

Back