Are my turbo ciders ruined?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanRM

Reaction score
I made 3 demijohns of different ciders over the winter as my first turbo ciders. Using shop bought juices. Racked them off once fermented and treated with k meta and left them under air lock until now.

I've now come to bottle them after 6 months under airlock and they all have a film and/or mould looking on top. Are they ruined by looking at them?

The one looks to have gone through another ferment looking at the scum on the neck

Thanks

20170719_195705.jpg

20170719_195710.jpg

20170719_195846.jpg

1500491858766507222844.jpg

I have only made a few Turbo's but all have been bottled once fermentation had finished., which was a fairly quick affair.
Taste em,you will soon find out if they are ok:mrgreen:

I have only made a few Turbo's but all have been bottled once fermentation had finished., which was a fairly quick affair.
Taste em,you will soon find out if they are ok:mrgreen:

Aye that’d be my recommendation.
Go through into the juice and taste.
If it’s not sour or bad - bottle her up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

might as well rack em off from under the film and see ;) tho next time i would suggest treating them more like a beer than a wine, and bottle sooner as chub1 suggests you can then sample and judge if further maturing and laying down would be beneficial.
i dont think your gonna gain much from maturing in 'bulk' rather than pints when your brewing only a gallon at a time.

Latest posts

Back