Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Favourites:
Standard Bitter = Harveys Best
Standard Lager = 1664
Belgian Abbey = Leffe Brun/or Blonde
Belgian Honey = Leffe Nectar
Special Bitter = Fullers ESB
Porter = Youngs Double Choc
Continental Standard Lager = Veltins/or Hertog Jan
IPA..................= Can't think of one I'd cross the road to drink...Suggestions welcome

Overall favourite....???? :doh::confused::confused::doh: Chri$€ knows

Have you tried the smog rocket? I enjoyed it so much it prompted me to have a crack at making a smoked porter

I have a recipe for it from the brewery, mate. It appears in one of the books I've got. I'll PM it to you if you like - I guess there's a copyright issue with reproducing it on here.

I have a recipe for it from the brewery, mate. It appears in one of the books I've got. I'll PM it to you if you like - I guess there's a copyright issue with reproducing it on here.

Probably (about copyright issue). I wont be making any dark beers for a while but I'll deffo add the reciepe to my brewmate reciepe file if it's not too much trouble to copy out the recipe in a PM :thumb:

I don't think I've tried a Fuller's beer that I haven't enjoyed. They're almost the antithesis of the "craft" beers I tend to go for - no flashy styles, no following of the latest fad - just rock solid, decent beers.

I don't think I've tried a Fuller's beer that I haven't enjoyed. They're almost the antithesis of the "craft" beers I tend to go for - no flashy styles, no following of the latest fad - just rock solid, decent beers.

This could be my regular alternative session beer although it's 5.9 percent
My taste buds are starting to ignore the first 30ibu's of any beer I fear

A properly stored and served London Pride is a joy. Sadly I've that to be few and far between!

Have you tried the smog rocket? I enjoyed it so much it prompted me to have a crack at making a smoked porter

Am intending a Smoked Porter for tomorrow.
For some reason I have 2x500g smoked grains, so they are both going in.
Last of the Maris Otter is 4.4kg
Using up Chocolate & Black malts and adding some Carafe 2 to 600g total of dark malt is the grain bill.

Progress and First Gold to 28 IBU's and that is the hops in proportions ~ 50:25:25 @ 60:10:0.

As it is "loosely" based on the Greg Hughes Smoked Porter recipe, no doubt it will be fine.

This should not be on any list imo
I have poured a brew away that tasted exactly like this,thought it was infected,maybe it was,maybe this is,maybe it should be?
That's a lot of maybes

IMG_0647.jpg

Believe it or not Ive just tried Fullers ESB for the first time
:thumb:Fullers beers are pretty rock solid.
Should you(unlikely i guess from where you are situated) or anyone else have the fortune to come accross any beers from The Surrey Hills brewery give em a try:smile:

Ha! I actually bought a bottle of electric India as I wasn't quite sure about my youngs new world saison. ...I won't buy any more electric India. ......the youngs is very near! In fact I'm quality controlling at the moment!

WOW just Wow that's what I have to say about this,a truly magnificent IPA at £1.69 a bottle at Morrisons.if you like your IPAs juicy tangy and full of bite,go get a bottle itll not disappoint,in conclusion I have to say it is now my new all time favourite commercial ale its that good
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

IMG_20170723_141206[1].jpg

WOW just Wow that's what I have to say about this,a truly magnificent IPA at �£1.69 a bottle at Morrisons.if you like your IPAs juicy tangy and full of bite,go get a bottle itll not disappoint,in conclusion I have to say it is now my new all time favourite commercial ale its that good
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Is it a 500ml bottle? I saw it in Tesco tonight but only in cans. I see they've adopted the Brewdog marketing policy of sticking it in a 330ml can but charging what everyone else charges for 500ml.

WOW just Wow that's what I have to say about this,a truly magnificent IPA at �£1.69 a bottle at Morrisons.if you like your IPAs juicy tangy and full of bite,go get a bottle itll not disappoint,in conclusion I have to say it is now my new all time favourite commercial ale its that good
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I prefer elvis juice, have you not tried that? I went back to back with them and elvis won! - (thank you very much)*

*bit in brackets to be said in an elvis voice :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back