What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sunk one of these cans of piston head flat tire lager. Was alright, but very hoppy (three hops used centennial, magnum and mosaic)!

IMG_1827.jpg

I'm trying my Amber Ale, which has only been bottled for a week, primarily to check it's not complete ****, as I had fermentation issues and also missed my FG by 4 or 5 points.

Glad to say it's really good. Phew!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Another new brew for me,a pale ale from another brewery I have not come across before,the steam box brewery wiltshire,very nice a subtle citrus/fruity taste,no mention of the hops and a session ale weighing in at 3.8 ABV,certainly buy it again

IMG_20170723_224541[1].jpg

Just tried 3 new brews.

Wilko cervesa. Not bad. Will be much better cold but not a bad 1st brew in 30 years
Festival stag. Looks good but slight metallic taste as an after taste. Less so than a week ago. I may have over carbed this.
The large glass is a Partial biab and muntons extract brew. Supposed to be a ghost ship style but far too dark. But it has a slight sweetness to it and it is absolutely georgeous.
All have good head retention and are virtually clear.

Well chuffed
Have a single hop full ag in the fv (Amarillo).

Happy days.

IMG_1293.jpg

Last edited:
Bottle of Cooper's IPA, my first ever brew! Flat as a pancake, but perfectly drinkable and very clear, and it hasn't had the full two weeks cool conditioning yet.

I've had a homebrew IPA I got in a bottle swap with an old school friend. He's making some damn good stuff and I've told him he needs to get on here too.

Followed up with a Gulden Draak, Belgian dark strong ale from the Lidl sale a few weeks back. I'm quite enjoying having a mega strong Belgian beer (this is over 10%) as my beer 'dessert'. Day off work tomorrow for my wife's birthday, I think I'll need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving house is seriously bad for homebrewing

we moved house last year and the movers gave my pressure barrel full of bitter a box all of its own, it was great. But yes, terrible for the process of brewing!

Had a few Adnams Lighthouse ales last night as they were on sale in Morrisons for a £1 a bottle, they were ok, nothing special but very drinkable. They just lacked something. good as session beer though at 3.6 or 3.8%

Started with this - Black Market Gose with Peaches. A sour wheat ale. Gadz. Absolutely honking. One mouthful and the rest was added to the sewer system. Not my thang.
bc5672f9e76f0762fe475393ca328158.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

A Better Brew Czech Pilsner with mystery hops (the label fell off). Very nice.

I clicked on everything and I just couldn't turn it around, but I did start at half five.

1501274814223-2147455337.jpg

A four pack of Punk and now a centennial brown Ale from a recipe off the forum, Unbelievable Jeff! Lovely stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back