The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting reading. I'm getting fed up of US-05 drying the **** out of all my IPA's (81-85% attenuation). What average attenuation are people experiencing with the US Pale yeast? Would love just a little body / sweetness left in my IPA's :doh:

Their specs quote 73 - 82% attenuation. I can't be bothered to work it out but typically I get an FG of 1012 with the US Pale compared to 1008 with Notty for the type of beer I mostly brew.

Very interesting reading. I'm getting fed up of US-05 drying the **** out of all my IPA's (81-85% attenuation). What average attenuation are people experiencing with the US Pale yeast? Would love just a little body / sweetness left in my IPA's :doh:

I've been getting 75-80% attenuation with the US Pale Ale yeast

My concern is if the brew is fermented at a too high temp, like myn at 26c Saturday, and it's all attenuated on day one..is there any chance off flavours have already decided the beers fate?
Normally the first three days are vital for this and with this yeast ur not getting a chance to recover a steady temp control.

My concern is if the brew is fermented at a too high temp, like myn at 26c Saturday, and it's all attenuated on day one..is there any chance off flavours have already decided the beers fate?
Normally the first three days are vital for this and with this yeast ur not getting a chance to recover a steady temp control.

I've been starting it off at 17-18 C and not noticed it fermenting out especially quickly

Pitched Sunday at 14:00 hrs.

All activity stopped at 18:00 today.

Either its stalled ... or its done??

Gonna have to sterilise some stuff to get a sample out now. :(

Pitched Sunday at 14:00 hrs.

All activity stopped at 18:00 today.

Either its stalled ... or its done??

Gonna have to sterilise some stuff to get a sample out now. :(

All activity stopped!,are you relying on an airlock to show it?.
I will be bottling a black IPA tomorrow that i brewed with it,now 14 days into the ferment,although i did rack it off the dry hops 4 days back.
It got off pretty fast,well down to expected OG within 6 days.:thumb:

Just checked ... its down to 1.008. Wtf?!??

Bonkers innit? Meanwhile I've just sent off for another ten packs, two of which are the California Common. Don't hear much about that one, all the talk seems to focus on US Pale and the Real Ale so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Bonkers innit? Meanwhile I've just sent off for another ten packs, two of which are the California Common. Don't hear much about that one, all the talk seems to focus on US Pale and the Real Ale so it'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Bonkers isnt even close.

Ive just tasted the trial jar after leaving in fridge overnight and its brill.

This yeast can see crashed beer in less than 7 days at this rate.

Just wow.

I have fermented at those temps with no problem.

Just had word back from Mark the head honcho at CML. I asked him about the source of the yeast and the yeast lab and he says they get their yeast from SPL_international, based in Ellesmere Port. Apparently they make brew yeast for numerous brands. He also said that a lager and saison yeast will be introduced soon. Sounds promising :)

Steam beer yeast....my cali common is clear in the bottle but after being bottled for around 5 weeks in can't pour it without tipping the yeast. ..

Steam beer yeast....my cali common is clear in the bottle but after being bottled for around 5 weeks in can't pour it without tipping the yeast. ..

Oh dear... I'm halfway thru a mash right now and that's the yeast I'm gonna use. Any idea as to what's wrong - overprimed / bottled early etc? Gonna give this 4 weeks before bottling to get the yeast to a bare minimum.

If went from 1056 to 1012 in 16 days and was primed with 165g of dextrose. It pours ok for about a third,totally clear then the yeast just flows through. It tastes ok but needs longer,it's very malty. I might try a few in the fridge for a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Back