lemon and pineapple wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbierat

Reaction score
iam thinking of doing a lemon and pineapple wine, will this work. :wha: my idea is to chop the lemon and pineapple and boil and mash it and sweeten with honey, could i just put all this and the fruit in the bucket to ferment, would the fruit sink or will i have to scoop it out. :)

Off the top of my head I think it would be rather lacking in body, so zest of the lemons (10) and juice along with 1-1.5 kg of well chopped sultanas, along with the skinned and chopped pineapple in a bucket along with 800g of sugar and ferment on the pulp for 2 weeks using a potato masher to mash the pulp up well daily and get all you can out of them.
Just a thought. Tannin and pectolase as well.

HLA91

i make yogurt and lemon goes well with pineapple, it makes the pineapple stronger taste, i will give it a go and i think this is gonna be nice and refreshing, i have just started home brewing and i know this is gonna be good, thanks for your reply and i will drain as much juice out as i can. :cheers:

Go easy with the lemons, juice of no more than two or this is going to be far too acidic.

You've got rather a lot of sugar in there Harry, 1 kg sultanas = 700g sugar.

Sorry call it 1kg and 400g of sugar. My bad 10 lemons is a bit excessive, most recipes use 6-8 I would probably use the zest of at least 6 though to give you the flavour and then just the juice of 2 as Moley said :thumb: . You will be relying on the sultanas to give you the body as nothing else is there to give it, hence the extract as much as you can from them.

lemon and pineapple wine brewing and fermenting like crazy, should be ready for pitching on friday, :D

This sounds like a nice summer drink, I have been considering doing a pineapple and grapefruit brew myself; keeping it around the 5% mark and making it fizzy like an alcoholic lilt!

The world of homebrewing is full of infinite possibilities!

i did the 30 bottle (youngs) sauvignon blanc, i cut and chopped 1 big pineapple and 1 big lemon and boiled to 185- 190%c and added about half a jar of honey, kept it at that temp for half hour mashing. then i strained into bucket then added boiled water again from kettle to the fruit and mashed the juice out, i kept doing this till i got all the juice, then i made it to 15% vol. when bottling i added a heaped teaspoon of sugar. wow i have 2 wine bottles left, everyone commented on it and you only needed 2 glasses to get you talking all night lol, iam now fermenting 8 oranges and 1 lemon with the same kit to 12.5%. :cheers:

Back