Pomegranate juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpt

Brewing without a hat
Reaction score
I want to make turbo cider using the how to. I need some pomegranate juice but all the ones I've seen are no more than about 25% juice. Are these ok? The same applies to cranberry juice. Even the 100% juice version was 75% grape.

I have used them in wine and they have been fine, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work in cider. But I don't make cider, so may need to be corrected there.

I don't make cider but have made a lot of Supermarket Juice wine, Tesco Pomegranate is 30% Pomegranate and i use two per DJ with a litre of white grape juice, the taste is very strong (the way i like it) if it was 100% it would be too strong.

Water,Fruit Juices from Concentrate 33% ( 30%, Aronia Berries) ,Natural Fruit Sugars ,Flavours ,PurePlus™ (100% Natural Pomegranate Extract)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

It's like when you use 'from concentrate' AJ - they're formulated to taste right, so they're OK.
In my recent 6way taste test, the one with the cranberry adjunct came out top and that's a 'cranberry juice drink', not even a proper juice!

Just bought the stuff for a new batch of WOW variant and on a whim decided to go with wgj and a carton of cranberry juice. Did you do yours which came out well the same way OB?

It was a TurboCider, so a bit different to a WOW, just 4l of AJ and .5 of something else, tannin, nutrient, yeast, and let it run

Back