What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Lightning pitched 24 Feb.
Progress Light Ale pitched 15 July
Exmoor Beast (Robust Porter) pitched 11 March.

The aged pale ale went very well with the much younger one. Both very drinkable, modern sort of pale beers with some interesting hops to balance a slight malt presence quite memorably.

The Summer Lightning clone went noticeably well with crusty bread, a nice cheese and a bit of coleslaw.

Exmoor Beast is on the list for a repeat brew. Fabulous depth of malt flavours.
A sort of pudding after the easy drinkers of early evening.

481951b671b72df8b95a5231b7eb1fed.heic

Sampling some of Whitby Breweries Ales ... in the brewery.
I’ve got FV envy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a Rosemary and simcoe pale made this ages ago, last year sometime and it still tastes great.

Think I will have another drink, a esb.

I had a rather disappointing night; I started sampling my collection of Belgian sours which weren't great. The Rodenbach for starters didn't have a great deal of flavour, very mild then a sharp sourness at the finish, just a bit meh and I got fed up before the end. Then the 3 of us split a bottle (375 ml) of Hanssens oude geueze... I now know what people mean when they talk about the 'barnyard' flavour, quite sharp acetic sourness combined with what I presume is the traditional brett character, musty, mouldy? A bit like blue cheese. Unfortunately, from online reviews it seems this is what it's meant to taste like... Wife had 3 sips, I managed half my glass my mate who can drink anything had the full glass but didn't go on to our remains. He said is wasn't exactly nice but was interesting and so he kept sipping.

may start with a Düsseldorf alt, then onto a raspberry blonde and may finish with a riggwelter by black sheep

Tesco have just started selling Delirium tremens @ ��£2 if you buy 4, went down a treat last night and i think that is a very good price :drink:

Planning on a bottle of Antos Crystal IPA and a smaller bottle of Zichovec Mosaic Ale. I also have a Duck and Dog Summer Ale that is going out of date but I'll only have that if the wife wants to share it with me as its a 0.7! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back