The Malt miller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmc said:
Hi
I helped Rob set up site again from scratch on a new host and a review of status has been requested from Google, so problem messages should disappear soon.

BTW: You can check status of a site using security tool at http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/scanner/

This gave TMM status as blacklisted but no malware identified
ATB
John

mark1964 said:
His site has been hacked

Mark the site HAD been hacked, past tense, now sorted :thumb: Rob 'phoned me the other day, been a bit of a roller coaster for him, but the site is OK, I've been bobbing in and out all the time without any problem :!:

Glad he's back. I need some Golden Promise but it is sill OOS :evil:
Will check back next week when things "return to normal" TM :mrgreen:

Just seen a ad for a new HB shop in Edinburgh, but his prices are a bit steep :cry: (Given that for me it is an 80 mile round trip my LHBS's are going to loose my trade as it is cheaper to buy on the internet and pay delivery than it is to drive in and collect it :cry: ) (like I need some more pectolase and they want MORE than what it would cost on ebay including p&p :hmm: )

Hi,

Everything should now be back to normal, at last! Sorry for the site outage and problems.

Golden Promise will be back in stock next week and I have finally managed to get some Citra. I am doing this brew tomorrow:-

Simply Citra

Fermentable Colour lb: oz Grams Ratio
Pale Malt 5 EBC 17 lbs. 10.1 oz 8000 grams 75.5%
Munich Malt 20 EBC 4 lbs. 6.5 oz 2000 grams 18.9%
Carared 50 EBC 0 lbs. 14.0 oz 400 grams 3.8%
Cara Pils 5 EBC 0 lbs. 7.0 oz 200 grams 1.9%

Hop Variety Type Alpha Time lb: oz grams Ratio
Citra Whole 13.8 % 20 mins 0 lbs. 2.5 oz 70 grams 50%
Citra Whole 13.8 % 10 mins 0 lbs. 0.7 oz 20 grams 14.3%
Citra Whole 13.8 % 5 mins 0 lbs. 0.7 oz 20 grams 14.3%
Citra Whole 13.8 % 0 mins 0 lbs. 1.1 oz 30 grams 21.4%

Final Volume: 40 Litres
Original Gravity: 1.059
Final Gravity: 1.014
Alcohol Content: 5.9% ABV
Total Liquor: 60.6 Litres
Mash Liquor: 26.5 Litres
Mash Efficiency: 75 %
Bitterness: 38 EBU
Colour: 19 EBC

Going to ferment with WLP008 East Coast Ale yeast, will also dry hop with a generous amount of Citra as well. This should really give me an idea of what this hop is all about.

borischarlton said:
Hi,

Everything should now be back to normal, at last! Sorry for the site outage and problems.
Rob,
Did you get the e.mail I sent regarding Nottingham yeast?
John

I did John, I have replied else where but here you go:-

BB,

Every so often there does seem to be a problem, it seems to be just the odd sachet. Send it back for a full refund/swap, I can then send it to the importer and see if I can get a definitive answer.

Rob

borischarlton said:
I did John, I have replied else where but here you go:-

BB,

Every so often there does seem to be a problem, it seems to be just the odd sachet. Send it back for a full refund/swap, I can then send it to the importer and see if I can get a definitive answer.

Rob
Thanks' Rob.
I'll send them back, 3 have been opened and 2 are sealed.
Will you p.m me the address you want them returning.

Have you any Nottingham in on a different batch that might be o.k?

John :thumb:

Just got my first malt and hop order from Rob :cool:
Fantastic service, great comms, quick delivery, and Rob even managed to work round me only placing a part order, then asking for more (sorry :oops: )
I particularly like the heavy duty foil vac pac the hops are in, and the heavy duty bag the malt comes in.
I will be using the Malt Miller again, cheers Rob :thumb:

I put a order in on the Wen late afternoon after a chat on the phone..& it arrived 10.00 Fri....can't better that..I only live 40 mins away so I can see a trip one Sat morning to say hello and have a good look around.. :thumb:

Proof that word of mouth through excellent service works! My next order is going to be from TMM I think, especially after paying £7.50 for 100g of Willamette in my LBS :shock:

Vossy1 said:
....... Fantastic service, great comms, quick delivery, and Rob even managed to work round me only placing a part order, then asking for more (sorry :oops: )
I particularly like the heavy duty foil vac pac the hops are in, and the heavy duty bag the malt comes in.

Yes he's particularly good at adding bits on that you realise you've forgotten just after you've submitted your order :oops: :whistle: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Nice to hear Rob's keeping his own very high standards up :thumb:

Vossy1 said:
Fantastic service....

Amen :clap:

Rob scores again.. :thumb:

I ordered some Dunkel malt yesterday at 11:59am..
then received a email from UKMail at 1:00pm stating that they are sorry that they may not be able to deliver today..it will be Fri...how's that for service from both Rob and his carrier. :clap: :clap: I didn't think I'd get it till Fri anyway.

Latest posts

Back