20% off ebay

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was looking on there yesterday for Starsan. Glad I didn't buy it, saved myself a few quid today. Thanks for the code :thumb:

Anyone else find that they have paid for their 20% discounted stuff by Paypal 'e-check' rather the usual money transfer?
If my situation is anything to go by the supplier won't get paid for 7-8 days and that will probably delay dispatch. Good job I'm in no hurry.
I reckon its all to do with ebay paying Paypal the 20% top up*, before Paypal will release the full amount to the supplier.

*PS I was right my account shows the voucher payment from ebay as 'pending'

PSS
This is the message I got from my supplier this morning
"E-cheques are a complete pain for sellers. About 25% of them fail to clear. ln the past l had used to send the goods out thinking l can trust paypal to pay me. Now paypal is separate to ebay things are so different. As you say paypal are waiting for ebay to pay them so if they don't trust them....
l have tried to prevent e-cheques being used to pay for items but am told by ebay l cannot do this. They also told me they cannot guarantee payment and l should wait for cleared funds before releasing the goods. This all makes for unhappy buyers which l try hard not to have and ebay penalises sellers for. Just take a look on the ebay forums how popular these are."

Last edited:
I ordered some powerline plugs last night at about 6pm. They were delivered this morning at 11am.

haha the misses is out tonight and i've been eyeing up some rare earth magnets, glass conical and a stir bar :) Cheers for the code and head up

Jay

Back