Wilko White Grape Juice Concentrate.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
White grape juice has been difficult to find in most supermarkets for a couple of years, i moved over to Red Grape Juice soon after and it makes a decent Rose wine, if it has to be white wine and you cannot find any WGJ locally you can as Cheapbrew says below use one tub of White Grape Juice Concentrate (225 - 250g/ml) as its the same as 1 litre of WGJ so you can use one instead of a litre of 100% white grape juice in the WOW recipes here - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49462

This Italian white grape concentrate is an ideal addition to your country wine recipe to add extra body and roundness and generally improve the final flavour and finish. Perfect for lighter wine styles such as elderflower.

0067533-1.jpg

WWGC.jpg

Last edited:
One tub of WGC, usually around 225 -250g/ml, is the same as 1L of WGJ

You can get white grape concentrate and white grape enricher, the concentrate has a higher level of sugar than the enricher which is more of a natural product.

Hi just seen this post after asking same question, But just wondered if using rgj is it worth paying £3 for 250ml concentrate to 1lt supermarket rgj £1, maybe if wanting wgj as you cant buy it anymore but can I use supermarket rgj instead...

Hi just seen this post after asking same question, But just wondered if using rgj is it worth paying �£3 for 250ml concentrate to 1lt supermarket rgj �£1, maybe if wanting wgj as you cant buy it anymore but can I use supermarket rgj instead...

you are going to have more consistent results with regular grape juice sugar wise.....

Hi just seen this post after asking same question, But just wondered if using rgj is it worth paying �£3 for 250ml concentrate to 1lt supermarket rgj �£1, maybe if wanting wgj as you cant buy it anymore but can I use supermarket rgj instead...

what did you end up gong with ?

but can I use supermarket rgj instead...

I missed this part :doh:

Yes RGJ can be used instead of WGJ and to be honest i find it makes a better wine, i often used a litre of WGJ with a litre of pomegranate or raspberry or another red coloured juice, switching to RGJ when combined with a red coloured juice for me makes a better wine.

I missed this part :doh:

Yes RGJ can be used instead of WGJ and to be honest i find it makes a better wine, i often used a litre of WGJ with a litre of pomegranate or raspberry or another red coloured juice, switching to RGJ when combined with a red coloured juice for me makes a better wine.

will food dye affect flavour ?

will food dye affect flavour ?

I am not sure what you mean but if you are referring to my comment about "red coloured juice" above i meant red coloured juice drink made from red fruit (raspberry, blackberry, cranberry etc)

Up until a couple of years ago, I made wine for the missus in five-gallon batches from 12litres ASDA white grape juice and however much sugar it took (can't remember) to get the OG to 1090. Made a jolly decent drop but then it disappeared off the face of the earth,never to be seen again. WHY??? Anyways after many experiments with different fruit juices I've found a combo that's just as good and which the missus loves.... 4ltrs red grape juice, 6ltrs apple juice and 3kg sugar. With yeast and other bits and bobs it comes to around a tenner for 5 gallons. Can't beat it,really. If I used 5 bottles of Wilko concentrate to make 5 gallons, how much sugar would be needed to hit 1090?

I haven't used WGJ for many months and switched to Red Grape Juice when it became difficult to find (RGJ can be found in most supermarkets) if you use RGJ with Apple you get a nice Rosé wine.

I haven't used WGJ for many months and switched to Red Grape Juice when it became difficult to find (RGJ can be found in most supermarkets) if you use RGJ with Apple you get a nice Rosé wine.
So how many of these would you need to make a 30 bottle batch.

5 litres of Red Grape Juice and 5 litres of apple juice is the minimum (6 of each if you like a strong taste to your wine)

4 kg sugar (3800g if using the extra juice)

3 teaspoons yeast

5 teaspoons yeast nutrient

5 teaspoons pectolace

5 teaspoons of powderd tannin or 1.5 litres of strong black tea made with 5 bags to the litre. (5 mugs with 2 bags in each will do the same job)

5 litres of Red Grape Juice and 5 litres of apple juice is the minimum (6 of each if you like a strong taste to your wine)

4 kg sugar (3800g if using the extra juice)

3 teaspoons yeast

5 teaspoons yeast nutrient

5 teaspoons pectolace

5 teaspoons of powderd tannin or 1.5 litres of strong black tea made with 5 bags to the litre. (5 mugs with 2 bags in each will do the same job)
sorry chippy I meant wilkos WGJ concentrate would like to make a batch of white wine, but won't bother if it too expensive with this stuff.

White grape juice has been difficult to find in most supermarkets for a couple of years, i moved over to Red Grape Juice soon after and it makes a decent Rosé wine, if it has to be white wine and you cannot find any WGJ locally you can (as Cheapbrew says below) use Wilko white grape juice concentrate at 220 - 250ml per gallon (4.5 litre)

WWGC.jpg

I have posted this on here before , youngs grape concentrate contains added glycerine, Ritchies is pure grape concentrate therefore better value and a pure product

Have a look in the review a to z review thread I posted a WineBuddy Save Blanc 30 bottle kit review, I have made many gallons of this wine and think it's great value at £22:50.

Latest posts

Back