Ambitious Christmas Recommendations...?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balloubru

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So today I started my first brew, and it's now sat nicely in my wardrobe (seriously the only place I could find right temp range) fermenting it's way through the first 24 hours.

Problem I have is, it's a Brewferm and is gonna take a while so won't be ready for Christmas.

I'm thinking I'm going to start another this week with the aim of being able to enjoy in 7/8 weeks time, and would love some kit recommendations please?

Preferably pale ales, Belgian or German wheat beers or possibly lager?

Also, feel free to say if you think I'm being too ambitious. I'm keen to learn & have broad shoulders! :)

TIA and excited to see what you throw at me! :D

coopers ipa kit with a bag of light spraymalt and some dextrose, a good yeast like wyeast 1056 smackpack, this should give you 23 ltrs about 1.053 ish, 14days primary and a good dry hop at the end of fermentation for a few days will give you a good tasty beer for xmas :thumb:

Not too ambitious at all! Belgians tend to take a while to condition. Wheat beers are ready to drink very early, but the choice of kits is limited. If you want an ale which is ready to drink quickly, dark and strong are the things to avoid, so a pale ale is just the ticket. I did the John Bull IPA and enjoyed it a lot.

Hey everyone,

So today I started my first brew, and it's now sat nicely in my wardrobe (seriously the only place I could find right temp range) fermenting it's way through the first 24 hours.

Problem I have is, it's a Brewferm and is gonna take a while so won't be ready for Christmas.

I'm thinking I'm going to start another this week with the aim of being able to enjoy in 7/8 weeks time, and would love some kit recommendations please?

Preferably pale ales, Belgian or German wheat beers or possibly lager?

Also, feel free to say if you think I'm being too ambitious. I'm keen to learn & have broad shoulders! :)

TIA and excited to see what you throw at me! :D

Wheat beers deffo....

This....

2.5kg dwe
450g golden syrup
50g galaxy hops
mj's baverian wheat yeast. (m20)
og 1.050
dissolved golden syrup in 4 litres water brought to the boil.
chucked hops in a bag 5 mins after flame out into boiled wort and left for 15 mins.
meanwhile dissolved 2.5kg of dwe in 6 litres of room temp water in to the fv.
Then added the boiled wort and hops to the fv.
topped up to 21.5litres
pitched rehydrated yeast at 30 , room temp 22
1008 adjusted
5.51%

this will be done in 4 weeks and will make a change from heavy stuff consumed at xmas.:drunk:

Back