Grumpy Barstewards Corner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If everyone was as **** as weathermen at their job, the unemployment rate would be 100%. And I start to simmer when they're 'afraid' it might rain or gleefully inform me it'll be in the nineties when I've the prospect of spending the day in an engineering workshop and that the best thing I can do is head for the coast, like we're all dole wallahs with nothing to do. I really do think they should be abolished or at the very,very least keep their opinions to themselves.

we were recently in Sainsburys and my wife bought a birthday card and put it in a small clear plastic bag from the veggie counter, for protection.
When we got to the till, the assistant took the card out the plastic bag (which he thrown to the floor), and exclaimed that using a bag like this was illegal. My wife had to hold me down whilst I told all the other shoppers that the till bloke was a Jack Booted Nazi and the planet was doomed due to the likes of him!My wife went nuts and lodged a complaint and the till bloke has not been seen since....complete effing ******.

The dirty buggers at work who get coffee in the sugar container. Hanging is too good for the smelly breathed *****.

Hi!
Any cold calls that I answer are swiftly disconnected and saved on my phone as "Cold". If they call again, caller display alerts me to the fact that I shouldn't answer it.

I do the same, but saved as "Scamming ******* Calling"

Your french escapades reminded me that Le Grumpy Batuardes also live in France.

If my french had been a better I would have told the manager that he had just destroyed a ���£150 quid trolley when it would have been easier just to give the woman a 1 Euro coin and take the trolley out of use. I fear it would have fallen on deaf ears as they were determined to beat the trolley at all costs, it was a matter of saving face!
Ah les francais , c'est magnifique!

Mais ce n'est pas la guerre :whistle:
Cheers

I loathe the Loan Sharks that advertise on the telly and flash the APR in white letters on a light coloured screen so that the poor buggers that come looking for a loan are totally unaware of how much they will have to pay.

I was given to understand that the government were going to clamp down on the high percentage rates. This will probably happen after turkeys vote for Christmas so I was not surprised tonight to see an advert that had an APR of 1,215%. :doh: :doh:

It's time that they were made to show exactly how much the punter will have to pay. In the above example they should advertise in big easy to read letters and number something like

"Borrow £1 off us and at the end of 12 months you will owe us £12.15p ...
... and if you roll the loan over to 24 months you will owe us £147.62.
Remember, that's if you borrow just one, single, solitary pound."

A mate of mine reckons that a lot of the people who take out these loans would still ignore the figures because ...

"They will have a 'certainty' in the 2.30 race at Haydock and fully
intend to pay the money back as soon as the nag romps home a winner!"
... but as a retired Tax Inspector he has a jaded view of his fellow man! :whistle:

I loathe the Loan Sharks that advertise on the telly and flash the APR in white letters on a light coloured screen so that the poor buggers that come looking for a loan are totally unaware of how much they will have to pay.

I was given to understand that the government were going to clamp down on the high percentage rates. This will probably happen after turkeys vote for Christmas so I was not surprised tonight to see an advert that had an APR of 1,215%. :doh: :doh:

It's time that they were made to show exactly how much the punter will have to pay. In the above example they should advertise in big easy to read letters and number something like

"Borrow �£1 off us and at the end of 12 months you will owe us �£12.15p ...
... and if you roll the loan over to 24 months you will owe us �£147.62.
Remember, that's if you borrow just one, single, solitary pound."

A mate of mine reckons that a lot of the people who take out these loans would still ignore the figures because ...

"They will have a 'certainty' in the 2.30 race at Haydock and fully
intend to pay the money back as soon as the nag romps home a winner!"

... but as a retired Tax Inspector he has a jaded view of his fellow man! :whistle:
Yes, that really makes my blood boil. It is nothing short of highway robbery and the government (especially this one) will do nothing about it.

Bit of a cross over here regarding the laptop ban:

When I used to work and travel a lot I would see people in airports, on train platforms and even on the plane whipping out their laptops and doing 3 minutes 20 secs of "important" work. Whether this was important for their company/business or just to make them look important is not known but I suspect the latter. In 23 years I can guarantee that I never once used a laptop or even read a work related document whilst travelling, surely that is what work is for?

I would like to think that the current ban is nothing to do with security but just some Government GrumpyBastard ( we are everywhere!) deciding they have had enough of these smug people trying to look self important and "busy". If it is so important then plan ahead and do it at home before you get on the plane, it's a bit like doing your homework on the bus on the way to school!

I can just imagine some of these fanatics twitching and sweating on the plane until their lives are returned to them.

You oughtta see our works' fridge. I am convinced that new species are actually evolving in there right now.

We have a salesman who regularly brings in his food for the week in on a Monday, then disappears out of the office for the rest of the week. Normally the fruit is unrecognisable under it's fur coat the following week.

It could only happen to me. I DONT BELIEVE IT.
Skip drivers...How hard is it to reverse your vehcile (sp) without driving through a rose border,destroying 3 newly planted David Austin roses, smashing 3 paving stones , leaving a 12 inch hole in my drive, and leaving a major trip hazard on a public footpath.
Im not even annoyed, as, I have spoken to the skip company and the telephone person has phoned the manager at home (its his day off) to report the incident.

Coming in to land at Heathrow the gentleman sat at the side of me whipped out his phone and started to fire it up about 10 seconds after the stewardess announced "Please switch off your phones!"

I politely pointed out his error with "Switch that off, NOW!" and as he complied I carried on with "I want to land on the runway not six feet under it." and gave him a reassuring smile.

It's amazing what can be accomplished with polite instructions and a smile. :whistle:

When someone dies and reporters go to their neighbours house and ask what they thought of Mr X, did anyone ever say "He was a total **** and i am glad he is dead" totally pointless waste of time and it really boils my p**s,

When someone dies and reporters go to their neighbours house and ask what they thought of Mr X, did anyone ever say "He was a total **** and i am glad he is dead" totally pointless waste of time and it really boils my p**s,

Oh, how true!

Aged thirteen, the very first funeral I attended was to get an afternoon off school and after the first ten minutes I honestly thought I was at the wrong church!

The man I had known was a miserable, nasty tempered curmudgeon who liked nothing better than to criticise the lads that served the priest during Mass. :whistle:

The man they were about to bury was apparently a wonderful, kind, happy and contented man who was loved by everyone who knew him! :doh:

I think that's why I enjoy this song from the musical Oklahoma! :thumb:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euq8Z4l6Iwk[/ame]

PS

Rod Steiger is "Jud" and Gordon MacRae is explaining what would happen if he hung himself.

. . . or when a reporter is interviewing a man whose kids have been killed in a fire and asks, "How do you feel?"

Back