Passion Fruit IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martybhoy

Reaction score
I'm brewing Brewdog's Passion fruit IPA a week on Sunday. Anyone have any ideas as to when to add the passion fruit?

The recipe says 'end'. Would this be flame out (wort still hot) or in the FV at pitching temperature?

Has anyone brewed this or something similar?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Screenshot of recipe -
e2d71f1e43d0515d37b9d1aff58e19d3.jpg

Only a personal opinion, i wouldn't put it in the boil even at the end. I would add it into the FV after around day5/6 for about 7 days then rack it off. I did that with a Kiwi wheat and it was really good.Also went along those lines with a blackberry stout and a raspberry wheat!
Dare say others will say:nono::nono::nono::lol:

I did a mango infused IPA and did it as a boil in a pan and added the juice and muslin netted pulp in the FV on day 5 like a dry hop,didn't much care for how it turned out and ended up dry hopping in the cornie keg with 50 gram of endeavour which which improved it greatly without killing the mango taste,just finishing the keg off currently after 3 months from brewing to supping

Planning on adding fruit to my next IPA. Not sure what fruit yet . I'm considering a tin in natural juice. Apparently there's no need to boil this as it's very low chance of bacteria being tinned.
My understanding is it's added with a after fermentation complete or there abouts. I'll be using a colander spoon and adding the juice.
I'm hoping a muslin isn't necessary if I'm using big pieces of fruit

I'm brewing my Passion Fruit IPA this Sunday. I've decided on adding half of the fruit at flame out and half once fermentation is complete.

I'm using pureed passion fruit, and will be adding it straight into the wort, no muslin or anything. I will catch the pulp on transferring to bottling bucket by siphoning through my BIAB bag. I use this method when I dry hop and it works a treat. Also allows fuller flavour transfer compared to hop socks etc.

I have a Mango APA planned.Tesco frozen fruit will be defrosted and added straight to the FV around day 5 for around 5/7days which is a similar pattern to some other fruit beers that i have done:thumb:

I have a Mango APA planned.Tesco frozen fruit will be defrosted and added straight to the FV around day 5 for around 5/7days which is a similar pattern to some other fruit beers that i have done:thumb:

sounds like a nice easy process:)

Back