The beach

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What more can you ask for than spending time with your family that is apart from enjoying yourself beer.
Twenty minutes down the road and I have this beautiful beach on our doorstep although we're now in the south of Ireland although further North.
Faun beach just outside Buncrana on a beautiful summers day.

df5490261bbe7c398a3092941bd560b8.jpg
6fb2a67d332712aa66afeba11ebe742a.jpg

Gerry

Sounds great. I'm gonna retire to Flamborough. Love that place and it's where I go on the motorbike quite often to escape. Not the 'best' place but it holds lots of childhood memories and has a certain magnetism for me.

Only decent weather we get is a few weeks a year and our coast line has some of the most glorious beaches about and with our low population count there is plenty of choice of golden sand.

Gerry
Tell me about it:lol:
Been over to 'the south' four times on fishing holidays and it belted down all week every time:twisted:

Tell me about it[emoji38]
Been over to 'the south' four times on fishing holidays and it belted down all week every time:twisted:
Hence the emerald isle with so much comes alot of lush vegetation.
Dairy cows here produce some of the richest milk around with a very high fat content for dairy products.

Gerry

Hence the emerald isle with so much comes alot of lush vegetation.
Dairy cows here produce some of the richest milk around with a very high fat content for dairy products.

Gerry

Yea yea yea
but it's b####y wet every day:lol:

You got to choose your timing be it around the 12th of July or September as they are usually good weather wise.
:doh::lol::lol:
We went over in June each time and if it wasn't actually raining it was blowing a hooley:lol:,out on Lough Derg in a gale aint no joke:nono:
Guiness was good though:thumb:

:doh:[emoji38][emoji38]
We went over in June each time and if it wasn't actually raining it was blowing a hooley[emoji38],out on Lough Derg in a gale aint no joke:nono:
Guiness was good though:thumb:
Lough Derg,any wonder do a bit of research and you'll find it's not called the wetlands for nothing.That part of Donegal and Fermanagh with upper and lower Lough Erne have usually the most rain annually apart from my neck of the woods.
On days like these they are treasured.

Gerry

It's alreyt for you! My nearest coastal spot is 90 miles away my gaffe.

Don't gripe too much Gunge, I'm sure that the sea will be a lot closer in a few years with global warming :lol:

Don't gripe too much Gunge, I'm sure that the sea will be a lot closer in a few years with global warming :lol:

Well it's 90 miles away now, just the same as it was about 44 years ago when I first went. At that rate the sea will be lapping at my toes in, um, I'll let someone else work it out!

I drove up to Donegal on a scorching day 20 years ago. Burnt one arm as I had it out the drivers window, also got stung by a wasp when it flew up my sleeve while doing 70mph down the motorway, that was an experience not to be forgot!

Beaches were empty and crystal clear. Even though it was a smashing Saturday we were the only ones on the Beach. If anyone is looking a quiet serene holiday then you'll find it in Donegal. Close by is the walled city of London/ Derry. I was there last year for my daughters graduation. For such a small city it's full of history, the Bogside is still an experience :eek:

The Tourist Board should reward us well Gerry :)

I drove up to Donegal on a scorching day 20 years ago. Burnt one arm as I had it out the drivers window, also got stung by a wasp when it flew up my sleeve while doing 70mph down the motorway, that was an experience not to be forgot!

Beaches were empty and crystal clear. Even though it was a smashing Saturday we were the only ones on the Beach. If anyone is looking a quiet serene holiday then you'll find it in Donegal. Close by is the walled city of London/ Derry. I was there last year for my daughters graduation. For such a small city it's full of history, the Bogside is still an experience :eek:

The Tourist Board should reward us well Gerry :)
Hi your quite right about Donegal,the beaches and the natural outstanding beauty of the county is surreal.Some parts of it you'll drive through and think you are going back in time with thatched cottage roof's,turf bogs and nature reserves.
As for Derry/Londonderry/Stroke City the history it's steeped in is quite deep and the cultural change never mind the physical appearance over these past years is amazing and it's something it truly needs.
I take it you're daughter was graduating from Magee, which again is another outstanding piece of architecture.
#NITouristboard...[emoji106][emoji39]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back