Politics and religion, please read even if you avoid these topics.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
I have considered a few times starting a thread on topics involving politics or religion but always stopped thinking I don't want to start something that ends needing to be closed by the moderators and/or members falling out over differences of opinion. So have started this thread to ask you all if want me to avoid these topics?

You should never be put off starting a thread because it may cause trouble, due to a recent change in how we moderate forum threads will rarely be closed as anything that would cause them to be will be removed as will the member posting it!

I avoid those topics. No idea why you wanted me to read this post, since whether you create them or not I would never have seen their content. There's a minute I'll never get back, Kipling must be turning in his grave.

I don't tend to post in the snug much but I check the threads that interest me and sensible discussion / debate on these topics are good, although I'm more interested in religion than politics. I'm now curious about what you wanted to discuss. :-)

I often read but never contribute to threads on these topics.
Personally, I come here to learn about and share my experiences/limited knowledge about homebrewing.
Don't avoid these topics if you've got something you feel you need to say though - others may well be grateful.
But I don't contribute to these threads because I accept that there will be a vast range of opinions among a big group of people with only brewiing in common, and I don't expect to (or want to) convince anyone that I've never actually met that my opinions are more valid than there's - bound to end in a squabble.
Brew on!
:cheers:

Interestingly, a barkeep I know well has always stated that topics on these matters are never allowed on his watch as they can lead to heated discussions that neither side will bend on....leading to escalating tempers...

Interestingly, a barkeep I know well has always stated that topics on these matters are never allowed on his watch as they can lead to heated discussions that neither side will bend on....leading to escalating tempers...

The difference between a pub and here is its only takes a couple of clicks to get rid of a problem poster here for a night :lol:

I love politics and religion, after a few beers I like Lorraine Kelly more!

Yeah, but you can sprinkle glitter on it (not quite sure what point I'm making here, I just wanted to type that :lol:)

FYI, As long as you declare whether it is gluten free/Vegan/Veggie/Vulcan?
Sorry, had a gob full of dietary designer requirements,,,,

And anyway does Glitter work now with God? or is more Garry in evidence?
:doh: banned,,,

nah, its a factory in an industrial estate somewhere up north.

you can't polish a t**d. :lol:

Ye a couple of miles from here. My missus' sister in law used to work there. She reckons there's no such guy as 'Mr.Kipling'. Just a works manager called Stuart or summat. She says they made stuff for Morrisons and Marks and Spencer that were the same, but the latter went into a fancy box and cost three times as much.

Ye a couple of miles from here. My missus' sister in law used to work there. She reckons there's no such guy as 'Mr.Kipling'. Just a works manager called Stuart or summat. She says they made stuff for Morrisons and Marks and Spencer that were the same, but the latter went into a fancy box and cost three times as much.
So,Mr Kipling does not exist:twisted:, why are we lied to about these things, i mean, i don't like his cakes,but i thought he was a little old man happily seeing out his days baking cakes:lol:

Back