What's everyone watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm well into River Cottage. got the full DVD set and watched a 2 hour one of butchering a pig... i'm serioualy considering becoming a small holder. just need my own place (not rented) and a decent bit of land and i'm sorted.

cant wait till i can shoot my own dinner too :D

CSI New York :)

Me and the mrs watch all the CSIs - although the original is my fav.

My computer screen. :roll:
If the tv's on it's the food channel. I love the great british menu, Hugh Fearnley eatsitall and iron chef america. I loved the Heston Blumenthal series but that's just finished here.

I'm a sucker for cricket and i watch every motorbike race. If there was a brewing channel i'd watch that a lot i reckon. :D

The Gadget Show at the moment until Lady Buzz comes in and takes control...

Ah, the ruler of the remote :rofl:

I'm just off to watch the Buzz video again :cool: :party:

BrewStew said:
I'm well into River Cottage. got the full DVD set and watched a 2 hour one of butchering a pig...
I did 'Pig in a Day' at RIver Cottage a couple of years ago. The wife got it for me as a present. It's basically a full day going through what you can do with half a dead pig. Some nice food too - deviled kidneys, deep fried pig brain, a great loin of pork lunch and some snags to come home with. I was very lucky as I had both Hugh and Ray his butcher on the day I did it (HFW doesn't do many these days). Hugh and Ray are both really nice blokes - just like they appear on the telly. HFW likes his food though...he eats like desperate Dan!

steve_flack said:
BrewStew said:
I'm well into River Cottage. got the full DVD set and watched a 2 hour one of butchering a pig...
I did 'Pig in a Day' at RIver Cottage a couple of years ago. The wife got it for me as a present. It's basically a full day going through what you can do with half a dead pig. Some nice food too - deviled kidneys, deep fried pig brain, a great loin of pork lunch and some snags to come home with. I was very lucky as I had both Hugh and Ray his butcher on the day I did it (HFW doesn't do many these days). Hugh and Ray are both really nice blokes - just like they appear on the telly. HFW likes his food though...he eats like desperate Dan!
Do you not thnk that HFW has sold out just a bit? I used to like A Cook On The Wild Side and the first River Cottage stuff but, when he moved out and set up River Cottage HQ, I couldn't help feel that it had lost his charm. It's become more of a business - the sort of thing Hugh was trying to escape from in the first place.

yeah i've found that very same thing (am on season 3 atm). but i suppose he still has to make money to pay for the leccy bills etc.

i personally preferred it when he was doing stuff that's within anyone who's got a garden's grasp... all the stuff he does now i just watch in awe, but can never really visualise myself doing until i buy a house with a good amount of land. and it'll be out of reach for many people, unless they've got **** loads of money to buy land with... but the the whole point of it is irrelevant anyways cos you could afford to buy premium food hehe

i had a break from RC last night though and watched Man vs Wild. it's not bad... but i think he's a bit of a show off and when they're done recording they catch the helicopter back to the nearest 5 star hotel... then return again to shoot the rest.

i'd love to do a survival weekend but they only do "day survivals" in britain. i'd prefer more of a "stranded" setting though, where i've nothing but a knife, water bottle and flint stick (like MvW) where i can build a shack and make my own bow, spear etc but rather than trying to get home, stay there for a while.... that would be awesome ;)

That sounds like at least two villages near me :lol:

:lol: :lol:

oh, SWMBO's decided to make a nice gesture for me for xmas. she asked me if i'd like something for brewing and something for hunting for xmas.. when i asked her what she had in mind, she said "a sack of Maris Otter, and a good quality skinning/butchering knife with a flint stick"

needless to say she was promptly taken to the bedroom :grin: :rofl:

Wez said:
That sounds like at least two villages near me :lol:

Sounds like where we live except you'd have to survive in the concrete jungle. :lol:

Watching the other jungle program: Amazon with Bruce Parry.

needless to say she was promptly taken to the bedroom

:lol:

I just watched a program on the latest generation grenade launchers...machine gun type :shock:
As the grenade is launched a micro chip in the round knows the speed, distance, cross wind and tradjectory (sp) as it's launched and automatically programs the round to explode 1m behind it's target. The bloke firing it shot it through a window of a building at 200m and it exploded in the room....theoretically killing all the inhabitants of said room....scary stuff :shock:
What was even more amazing was that the gun had virtually no recoil and to prove it he put a glass of water on the barrel and fired the weapon....the glass stayed put :cool:

bloody hell! :shock: i wonder if youtube can indulge my interest in said weapon :hmm:

Back