Arggh flippin capper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandan

Regular.
Reaction score
All was running smoothly, i'd designed some labels, made some videne solution up, cleaned the syphon, bottleing bucket, got priming sugars ready to put in bottling bucket, got bottles out.....when I thought would a crown cap still work on the coopers screw-crowncap botttles, so i did a test on one of my coopers bottles before I transfered the beer from the FV to the bottling bucket.

My results were yes crown caps do attach to the bottle, but it breaks you crown capper!!! :x

so now I'm going to ditch the Youngs u brew two lever capper in favor of a bench capper! Looks like its another day in the FV for the experimental brew that no one knows about (until now)

A T said:
dandan said:
Looks like its another day in the FV for the experimental brew that no one knows about (until now)

:hmm: You have to tell us now :hmm:
Did a small batch (10L) of Dark Lager using bits and bob up like the saaz hops that I had left over from the Dangarrden and the black malt I had left from kit experiments.

I call it Black Magic.

1.5 kg Munich Malt
0.5 kg Caramunch malt
0.10 kg Black Malt
0.10kg Torrified wheat
10.00 gm Hallertauer [4.80 %] (90 min)
8.00 gm Saaz [2.80 %] (90 min)
8.00 gm Saaz [2.80 %] (15 min)
15.00 gm Hallertauer [4.80 %] (30 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep)
0.25 items ProtoflocTablet (Boil 15.0 min)
1 Pkgs SafLager West European Lager (DCL Yeast #S-23)

Ordered my Bench Capper from Greg @ BrewUK this afternoon, hopefully it will be bottled soon! today is the beers 12th day in the FV was going to bottle it yesterday but other things had prority!

The capper is here!!!!! arrived a 9.55 this morning!(big up to forum sponsor Greg @ BrewUK :cheers: for his fast and efficient service once again) will be using the capper this morning, and making a Edme Stout kit (with some added choc maltand a small amount of roasted barley and some extra hops) for my mum this afternoon :thumb: , and making AG#3 my christmas ale tomorrow! :party:

Nice one Dan!!
Same capper as me, have found that two pushes on the lever seem to clap the lid a little tighter on the bottles rather than just the one push. I remove the bottle inbetween pushes as well, It might just be me or you might find it the same.
Anyways it's alot easier now hey!

Back