Corny Lids

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louthepoo

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried using a different corny lid than the one it had on it? i tried with all my lids and only one seals well first time without the need for too much Co2! i cant remember which lids went with which keg except the one with the s30 valve on it!!

If you're really struggling to get a seal, and the seals and lid are good, it may be that the lid feet have splayed outward slightly, thus not sealing properly.
Put a 1p/5p or any other 'thin' coin under the feet as you lock them into place. the coins takes up any slack that there may be in the lid feet....a nice simple solution :thumb:

It's also a really good solution for getting good 'seal' at low pressures ;)

Yes, what V1 said. On one of mine I have to do that - although I found cutting plastic shims to fit around the curve of the lip was easier to work with than coins.

I take the plastic feet of my lids and very carefully bend em back / squish the legs together in a vice only need to get a little bit done for the legs to be back in their proper place as I think putting coins under just makes the matter worse, When the lids legs have given up the ghost time for new lids.

Latest posts

Back