Any Roofers on this Site

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
I need some advice on having a new flat roof. Im getting quotes ranging from £400.00 - £2000.00 and for different types (felt/rubber). Now being the sceptical barsteward that i am the rangw in quotes is very suspicious.

For 2k i wouldn't be looking for a new flat roof but a small pitched and hipped roof in it's place.

hi
You don't say what size the roof size is. Is It a shed, garage single/double or extension. I'm no roofer but I've worked In construction for over 30 yrs groundworks/bricklayer but I did have a mate who was a flat roofer and I've given him a hand a couple of times and I know he charged a couple of thou for a single garage roof felt with lime chippings. My advice would be to see If they have done any work In your area and check It out.

Just remember the old sayings
If It sounds to good to be true, It probally Is
&
You get what you pay for
HTH

Last edited:
hi
You don't say what size the roof size is. Is It a shed, garage single/double or extension. I'm no roofer but I've worked In construction for over 30 yrs groundworks/bricklayer but I did have a mate who was a flat roofer and I've given him a hand a couple of times and I know he charged a couple of thou for a single garage roof felt with lime chippings. My advice would be to see If they have done any work In your area and check It out.

Just remember the old sayings
If It's to good to be true, It probally Is
&
You get what you pay for
HTH

Its approx 5m x 3m flat garage roof

Hi Jonnyboy1965

I reakon you could be talking about £800.00 to1200,00 yer man's gonna want probally £200.00 p/d just for himself and If he's gotta a mate with. him he's gonna want paying too and I think he'd be there a couple of days. Then you got you'r materials ie:joists probally about a dozen depending on the spacing between each one It could be 400mm or 600mm centers then you have sheets of 12mm ply or OSB (OSB Is cheaper) and I would have thought he'd double It up then you got bitumen and felt and he could double the felt up they sometimes do. then therer's a few bits of roofing batten to go around the edge and fainally facia board plastic or plywood. I'd say anything over 1200.00 max tell em' to poke It.:nono: It's always good to be a sceptical barsteward when builders are involved. Good Luck

If you are at all handy it might be worth doing yourself? I'm not that capable but managed to re - roof a 10 x 3 garage roof with my brother using 18 mm osb and heavy duty epdm rubber in a weekend. Had been quoted 2.5k for a grp roof, but managed to get it done myself for around 500. Pleased with edpm, flexible and hard wearing, and 2 years on no problems.

Latest posts

Back