Help needed making turbo fruit cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamSon

Reaction score
My lady would like some fruit cider making, ready to drink in a month's time for some friends coming over. I will be brewing it in a demijohn. What's the best way to do this? Use mixed fruit juice instead of apple juice? Or both? Or use apple juice then use frozen mixed fruit to "dry hop"?

Any help is much appreciated.

To be honest, there are several ways this can be done. My method (she what drinks that stuff is happy with the results!) is:
4.25 litres cheap apple juice
1 x 440ml bottle Lowicz fruit syrup (raspberry, strawberry, cherry available plus possibly others?)
1 x cup strong black tea
Youngs cider yeast

After 2 - 3 weeks in demijohn ... when fermentation is totally finished - I prime with 18g dextrose + 2 teaspoons of stevia and syphon into an Easy Keg ... drinkable after another week although longer is better!

It works well in this house! :drunk:

You could just make a basic turbo cider and then ask each person when serving it if/what fruit flavour they want added and let them add it themselves to there own taste, it means you only need to make 1 cider and they get to try multiple flavours by adding the different Lowicz juices.

"Some friends" is how many? A one gallon demi john won't go far.

Any leftover syrups can be added into the next batches you make when you see what it is they like.

I did a couple of turbo's along the lines of MrDasherD.
5 litre brews,4 litre initial amount of cheap apple juice plus half a bottle of Lowicz,sparkling white wine yeast,add a further 1 litre apple juice after 4 days and ferment out. Pretty dry and around 8%. Did one raspberry and one raspberry/blueberry /Lingonberry mix which was around half bottle of raspberry and a quarter bottle of the other two. The last two syrups are available at IKEA along with Elderflower which i have but not tried as yet.The sparkling wine yeast certainly gets it pretty dry which i don't mind,however a cider yeast might leave it a bit sweeter. I would beware of bunging in to much syrup to a small batch.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back